Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find with file size and show the size Post 302359408 by jsmithstl on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 01:01:00 PM
Old 10-06-2009
you can pipe the output through awk.....

find ./ -name "*.*" -size +1000k -exec ls -l '{}' \; | awk '{ print $9 " " $5 }'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the file by size

Hi, Can somebody PLEASE help me. Suppose I want to find a file which has largest no of bytes in a particular directory, How do i do that. ls -s will give the size of Blocks. But I want the largest sized file and in bytes or KB OR MB. tHANKS IN advanvce. Bye Rooh :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file size

My Question is ----------------- Assume you've a directory (i.e /home/test/) which contains n number of files, rename all the files which has byte count more than zero (0) with .bak extension. Write shell script to achieve this output, execute the same without using". / " in front of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgriva1
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find size of a file

Hi, I have to directory /usr/inbound ------------- 10900.txt 10889.txt 109290202.txt I need to create inbound directory and i need to know size of these files one by one if file size is zero i need to print message like "empty file" Please help me how to solve this thanks krish. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find the file size in unix

Anybody can help HOW TO FIND THE FILE SIZE IN UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmraochodisetti
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

9. Programming

[c] How to calculate size of the file from size of the buffer?

Hi, Can I find size of the file from size of the buffer written? nbECRITS = fwrite(strstr(data->buffer, ";") + 1, sizeof(char), (data->buffsize) - LEN_NOM_FIC, fic_sortie); Thank You :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
GIT-CAT-FILE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-CAT-FILE(1)

NAME
git-cat-file - Provide content or type and size information for repository objects SYNOPSIS
git cat-file (-t | -s | -e | -p | <type> | --textconv ) <object> git cat-file (--batch | --batch-check) < <list-of-objects> DESCRIPTION
In its first form, the command provides the content or the type of an object in the repository. The type is required unless -t or -p is used to find the object type, or -s is used to find the object size, or --textconv is used (which implies type "blob"). In the second form, a list of objects (separated by linefeeds) is provided on stdin, and the SHA1, type, and size of each object is printed on stdout. OPTIONS
<object> The name of the object to show. For a more complete list of ways to spell object names, see the "SPECIFYING REVISIONS" section in gitrevisions(7). -t Instead of the content, show the object type identified by <object>. -s Instead of the content, show the object size identified by <object>. -e Suppress all output; instead exit with zero status if <object> exists and is a valid object. -p Pretty-print the contents of <object> based on its type. <type> Typically this matches the real type of <object> but asking for a type that can trivially be dereferenced from the given <object> is also permitted. An example is to ask for a "tree" with <object> being a commit object that contains it, or to ask for a "blob" with <object> being a tag object that points at it. --textconv Show the content as transformed by a textconv filter. In this case, <object> has be of the form <treeish>:<path>, or :<path> in order to apply the filter to the content recorded in the index at <path>. --batch Print the SHA1, type, size, and contents of each object provided on stdin. May not be combined with any other options or arguments. --batch-check Print the SHA1, type, and size of each object provided on stdin. May not be combined with any other options or arguments. OUTPUT
If -t is specified, one of the <type>. If -s is specified, the size of the <object> in bytes. If -e is specified, no output. If -p is specified, the contents of <object> are pretty-printed. If <type> is specified, the raw (though uncompressed) contents of the <object> will be returned. If --batch is specified, output of the following form is printed for each object specified on stdin: <sha1> SP <type> SP <size> LF <contents> LF If --batch-check is specified, output of the following form is printed for each object specified on stdin: <sha1> SP <type> SP <size> LF For both --batch and --batch-check, output of the following form is printed for each object specified on stdin that does not exist in the repository: <object> SP missing LF GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-CAT-FILE(1)