Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find with file size and show the size Post 302359388 by rpraharaj84 on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 12:18:05 PM
Old 10-06-2009
find with file size and show the size

Hi All...

is the below command be modified in sucha way that i can get the file size along with the name and path of the file

the below command only gives me the file location which are more than 100000k...but I want the exact size of the file also..

find / -name "*.*" -size +100000k

cheers!!!
This User Gave Thanks to rpraharaj84 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the file by size

Hi, Can somebody PLEASE help me. Suppose I want to find a file which has largest no of bytes in a particular directory, How do i do that. ls -s will give the size of Blocks. But I want the largest sized file and in bytes or KB OR MB. tHANKS IN advanvce. Bye Rooh :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file size

My Question is ----------------- Assume you've a directory (i.e /home/test/) which contains n number of files, rename all the files which has byte count more than zero (0) with .bak extension. Write shell script to achieve this output, execute the same without using". / " in front of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgriva1
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find size of a file

Hi, I have to directory /usr/inbound ------------- 10900.txt 10889.txt 109290202.txt I need to create inbound directory and i need to know size of these files one by one if file size is zero i need to print message like "empty file" Please help me how to solve this thanks krish. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find the file size in unix

Anybody can help HOW TO FIND THE FILE SIZE IN UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmraochodisetti
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

9. Programming

[c] How to calculate size of the file from size of the buffer?

Hi, Can I find size of the file from size of the buffer written? nbECRITS = fwrite(strstr(data->buffer, ";") + 1, sizeof(char), (data->buffsize) - LEN_NOM_FIC, fic_sortie); Thank You :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
rdt_setmtu(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    rdt_setmtu(1M)

NAME
rdt_setmtu - set the MTU size in RSMRDT driver SYNOPSIS
/usr/cluster/bin/rdt_setmtu [MTU size] DESCRIPTION
The rdt_setmtu command takes number of bytes as new MTU size and sets the global MTU size in RSMRDT driver. The RSMRDT driver uses the new MTU size for all the new instantiations of RSM connections. The existing RSM connections continue to use the old MTU size value. The MTU size should be a multiple of 64(0x40) bytes otherwise rdt_setmtu does not set the MTU size in RSMRDT driver and returns an error. The rdt_setmtu when running without any argument, displays the MTU size of RSMRDT driver. You can use this command only in the global zone. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: MTU size MTU size in bytes. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred while setting MTU size. This utility writes an error message to stderr when it exits with non-zero status. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscrdt | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 30 Mar 2006 rdt_setmtu(1M)