Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris problem network with solaris 10 & vmware Post 302359330 by capilla on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 09:38:05 AM
Old 10-06-2009
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\dgracia>tracert 192.168.116.3

Traza a 192.168.116.3 sobre caminos de 30 saltos como máximo.

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.116.3

Traza completa.

&

Code:
# traceroute 192.168.116.1
traceroute to 192.168.116.1 (192.168.116.1), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
 1  * * *
 2  * * *
 3  * * *
 4  * * *
 5  * * *
 6 ^C#

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing Solaris 8 on VMware 2.0.3

Hi folks! i've just downloaded the three SOlaris 8 Free install-CDs, then went to install it in a VM on VMware 2.0.3, okay DCA and CD inserted, DCA configured all devices - THEN at the selection of the boot device - selected CD - getting DISK READ ERROR at sector 120. Can anyone help?!!!... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: __kernelpanic
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with Solaris in Network configuration

WEe have installed Intel version of Solaris 8 in a machine .we skipped the network configuration at the begning.we selected unnetworked.Now we need to connect the same machine to a network. We configured the Card using ifconfig but its taking the ip address itself as the Default G/W. I need help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: premkumar
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

solaris network problem

hello i had soloaris 8 installed . at the beggining it sees my network card( intel i815/82559 onboard)(my mainboard is GA-8IRXP); but during the installation when I fill the ip address and the dns at the end that i should confirm it says: no dns find (i'm sure about the dns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hessam
4 Replies

4. Linux

VMware ESX server && Solaris 10 on same PC ??

Hi all, I tried to install Solaris 10 and then VMware ESX server v3.02 on the same PC (or hard drive). But after successfully installing Solaris 10, when I installed Vmware ESX Server on the same drive(but on different partition, boot menu is not coming. It is just booting Vmware only. Pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with USB - solaris 10 on VMware

I am running solaris 10 on VMware and I do not know how to setup the USB drive. After refer to few doc from sun still unable to get what i should do. Can someone help? On VMware I have added a USB controller. Oh yes, from prtconf and dmesg, it don't seem to reganize the usb controller. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
0 Replies

6. Solaris

common network problem under Solaris 10 ?

Hi there, I run a SunFire v245 with solaris 10. I run a custom ERP on that. my clients are connecting via telnet and run the application... my last "server" was a sun blade 100 with solaris 8, everything was running correctly. Since I have the new server, I have many problem with my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siffleu
5 Replies

7. Solaris

cant setup network Sun Solaris 10 on Vmware

Hi all, I have install sun solaris 10 on vmware server and i cant ping the solaris guest machine from the host and vice versa. The enable network card in the host machine is an wifi card so I know that i can't use bridged network from Vmware. I tried to use host or NAT but it seem not to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: papiseckfr
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with network printer on Solaris.

Hi All, We have configured an hp network printer on a Solaris-sparc machine. We are unable to print any files from this machine. The following are the other details: lpstat -p hpnic -l printer hpnic waiting for auto-retry. available. exec exit fault Form mounted: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahshilpa
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

10. Solaris

External Network Connectivity w/Oracle VM Server for SPARC & Solaris 11

Hello all, thanks for reading my question: So I've been a Unix/Linux SysAdmin for a couple years, and I'm a bit over my head running solo, trying to set up LDoms using Oracle VM Server 3.1 for SPARC. I've been very careful, and things have gone well up until the point I try to access the new... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyxix
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)