Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support TCL scripting - searching for a IP address in a string Post 302359312 by radoulov on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 08:53:12 AM
Old 10-06-2009
Something like this:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/tclsh 

set string "OSPF_NBRUP OSPF neighbor 16.138.181.15 (realm ospf-v2 e1-0/0/0:37.0 area 0.0.0.0) state changed from Full to Down due to KillNbr"

regexp {(?:\d+\.){3}\d+} $string matched

puts "matched is $matched"

It produces the following output:
Code:
% ./s  
matched is 16.138.181.15

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation in TCL

Suppose pwd=/home/user/work/wip1 How to output the "pwd string" into 5 chunks? /home/user/work/wip1 /home/user/work /home/user /home / :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting a string from user while executing a tcl script

Hi All, I am executing a Tcl script and i am trying to get the user input while they execute the script at start itself like >>filename.tcl USERINPUT and then i will take this userinput inside the the tcl assign it to some variable for further manipulation/processing ...... can anyone pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukrish
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto set string variable in TCL?

Anyone knows how to set variable in TCL ? let say i have a password variable and it will have different values. set variable and variable has different values like: xxxx yyyy zzzz (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching the required string and appending string to it.

Hi all, I have some data in the form of adc|nvhs|nahssn|njadnk|nkfds in the above data i need to write a script so thet it will append "|||" to the third occurnace in the string ..... the outout should look like adc|nvhs|nahssn||||njadnk|nkfds Thanks, Firestar. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL expect out string with multiple lines

Hello, I will be sending this command to a specific COMID: exp_send-i $COMID "fdisk -l | grep Disk | awk '{print $2}'" The command will produce this output: /dev/sda /dev/sdb etc.. the problem is how do I store the output in a variable in TCL, I am currently using this to grab the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with TCL code to find IP address from a URL

Need help with a a tcl code. Need to find out the ip address from a URL if it is present to do some activity. The URLs will be of the form <domain>?a=12345&d=somestring1(Note: c not present) <domain>?c=10.10.10.100&d=somestring1 <domain>?a=12345&b=somestring1&c=10.1.2.4&d=somestring2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ampak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL scripting: errorInfo=integer value too large to represent

The username is of the format : 123456789110000-1234@something.com With this below TCL procedure, I am trying add first and Sec Id and get third Id. I checked in online compiler and it seems to work and add. However, when I am running this in my lab, I get error as "integer value too large to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaibal_bp
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL scripting: errorInfo=integer value too large to represent

The username is of the format : 123456789110000-1234@something.com With this below TCL procedure, I am trying add first and Sec Id and get third Id. I checked in online compiler and it seems to work and add. However, when I am running this in my lab, I get error as "integer value too large to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaibal_bp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty searching for IP address in a file

Hi, Below is the command I use to search for IP address in a file. find ./ -type f \( -name "*.txt" -or -name "*.xml" \) | xargs grep -oE "\b({1,3}\.){3}{1,3}\b"As an output I found three IP address and below is how they look. #Listen 112.34.56.58:80 Listen 112.134.56.58:80 #This is an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
AUSEARCH_ADD_REGEX(3)						  Linux Audit API					     AUSEARCH_ADD_REGEX(3)

NAME
ausearch_add_regex - use regular expression search rule SYNOPSIS
#include <auparse.h> int ausearch_add_regex(auparse_state_t *au, const char *expr); DESCRIPTION
ausearch_add_regex adds one search condition based on a regular expression to the current audit search expression. The search conditions can then be used to scan logs, files, or buffers for something of interest. The regular expression follows the posix extended regular expression conventions, and is matched against the full record (without interpreting field values). If an existing search expression E is already defined, this function replaces it by (E && this_regexp). RETURN VALUE
Returns -1 if an error occurs; otherwise, 0 for success. SEE ALSO
ausearch_add_expression(3), ausearch_add_item(3), ausearch_clear(3), ausearch_next_event(3), regcomp(3). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Sept 2007 AUSEARCH_ADD_REGEX(3)