Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print rows, having pattern in specific column... Post 302359106 by patrick87 on Monday 5th of October 2009 08:31:11 PM
Old 10-05-2009
Hi,

Can I know what is the relationship between NR == FNR { A[$1] = $1; next } A[$3] ?
I quite confusing about the reason why you using the A[$X] to print rows, having pattern in specific column.
Thanks for your reply Smilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn
Hi.

Something like:
Code:
awk 'NR == FNR { A[$1] = $1; next } A[$3]' pattern_file input_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about sort specific column and print other column at the same time !

Hi, This is my input file: ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca alan 6 brazil bac pinky 10 utah sdc My desired output: pinky 10 utah sdc alan 6 brazil bac ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca Based on the column two, I want to do the descending order and print out other related column at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print out specific pattern column data

Input file: adc_0123 haa_1000 bcc_520 adc_0150 bcc_290 adc_0112 haa_8000 adc_0139 haa_7000 Output file: adc_0123 adc_0123 haa_1000 bcc_520 adc_0150 adc_0150 bcc_290 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace column that matches specific pattern, with column data from another file

Can anyone please help with this? I have 2 files as given below. If 2nd column of file1 has pattern foo1@a, find the matching 1st column in file2 & replace 2nd column of file1 with file2's value. file1 abc_1 foo1@a .... abc_1 soo2@a ... def_2 soo2@a .... def_2 foo1@a ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashali
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to print only selected rows in a particular column specified by column name

Dear All, I have a data file input.csv like below. (Only five column shown here for example.) Data1,StepNo,Data2,Data3,Data4 2,1,3,4,5 3,1,5,6,7 3,2,4,5,6 5,3,5,5,6 From this I want the below output Data1,StepNo,Data2,Data3,Data4 2,1,3,4,5 3,1,5,6,7 where the second column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting rows where the value in a specific column match

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file where I want to delete all rows that have the same string for column 1. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! Example Input: aa 1 aa 2 aa 3 bb 4 bc 5 bb 6 cd 8 Output: bc 5 cd 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows, but with strings to specific tab column

Dear fellows, I need your help. I'm trying to write a script to convert a single column into multiple rows. But it need to recognize the beginning of the string and set it to its specific Column number. Each Line (loop) begins with digit (RANGE). At this moment it's kind of working, but it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print multiple specific column after a specific word?

Hello.... Pls help me (and sorry my english) :) So I have a file (test.txt) with 1 long line.... for example: isgc jsfh udgf osff 8462 error iwzr 653 idchisfb isfbisfb sihfjfeb isfhsi gcz eifh How to print after the "error" word the 2nd 4th 5th and 7th word?? output well be: 653 isfbisfb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marvinandco
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If pattern in column 3 matches pattern in column 2 (any row), print value in column 1

Hi all, I have searched and searched, but I have not found a solution that quite fits what I am trying to do. I have a long list of data in three columns. Below is a sample: 1,10,8 2,12,10 3,13,12 4,14,14 5,15,16 6,16,18 Please use code tags What I need to do is as follows: If a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bleedingturnip
4 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)