Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issues on email delivery
Operating Systems AIX Issues on email delivery Post 302359024 by neil_is_ere on Monday 5th of October 2009 03:29:45 PM
Old 10-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksen
if postfix is an option for you, I wrote this tutorial:
tech.gate.io : Postfix sender address rewriting, changing mails "from" field in header on relay server

your problem is the "from" field

if you want, I have a sendmail solution too which I can post tomorrow
this one has the advantage, that "from" field is rewritten to

Code:

for AIX, you have to run "newaliases" after postfix the installation, then it'll work fine
I'm not sure that the problem is the "From:" field because it is showing the correct address? I don't think I would be allowed to install postfix....

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail delivery confirmation

If I am sending mail with this command: mail .......@whatever.com < filename, is it possible to get delivery confirmation? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CSGUY
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a file delivery time and sending it as an email

Hello, i have a requirement where i need to create a script which would check for a file name called XX_YYYY_ZZ in the directory inbound and as soon as the file is delivered in this directory a email needs to be sent to a user abc@yahoo.com The plan is to put script in the core process to run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasinn
8 Replies

3. Programming

TCP/IP, how to verify delivery?

When I successfully write data to a TCP/IP socket, as I understand it, I am only guaranteed the data gets to the TCP/IP stack's buffer. However, a successful write doesn't guarantee that the data actually gets to the recipient. Since data can linger in the TCP/IP stack's buffer "indefinately," it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Smtp dual delivery script

Hello Peoples, I have a problem wrapping my head around a script that I modified, essentially it uses the postfix smtp line in master.cf to send out a message to two or more email servers, It is a nice way to test different email servers and platforms. Problem with the original script is that it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeSe
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

DNS config preventing mail delivery

Hi Please can you help on this: the Net Admins decided to use DNS to resolve names, so this is preventing mail being delivered when using commands like date | mailx -s "test" abc.xyz@asdf.xx.yy. What we were asked was to edit /etc/resolv.confand add 3 entries, in all servers (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Qmail mail delivery problem

Dear Concern, As per below article, we have configured qmail in our system. THE LINUX STUFF: qmail Installation Steps on Linux But when we try to send any mail in own domain, got below error message. Please advise. Apr 17 17:01:20 BLAUDITSCPTEST sendmail: alias database /etc/aliases... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
0 Replies
qmail-local(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-local(8)

NAME
qmail-local - deliver or forward a mail message SYNOPSIS
qmail-local [ -nN ] user homedir local dash ext domain sender defaultdelivery DESCRIPTION
qmail-local reads a mail message and delivers it to user by the procedure described in dot-qmail(5). The message's envelope recipient is local@domain. qmail-local records local@domain in a new Delivered-To header field. If exactly the same Delivered-To: local@domain already appears in the header, qmail-local bounces the message, to prevent mail forwarding loops. The message's envelope sender is sender. qmail-local records sender in a new Return-Path header field. homedir is the user's home directory. It must be an absolute directory name. dash and ext identify the .qmaildashext file used by qmail-local; see dot-qmail(5). Normally dash is either empty or a lone hyphen. If it is empty, qmail-local treats a nonexistent .qmailext the same way as an empty .qmailext: namely, following the delivery instructions in defaultdelivery. The standard input for qmail-local must be a seekable file, so that qmail-local can read it more than once. OPTIONS
-n Instead of reading and delivering the message, print a description of the delivery instructions. -N (Default.) Read and deliver the message. EXIT CODES
0 if the delivery is completely successful; nonzero if any delivery instruction failed. Exit code 111 indicates temporary failure. SEE ALSO
dot-qmail(5), envelopes(5), qmail-command(8), qmail-queue(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-lspawn(8) qmail-local(8)