Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: automate ispell
Operating Systems Linux SuSE automate ispell Post 302358916 by elblo on Monday 5th of October 2009 07:56:09 AM
Old 10-05-2009
The OS is Ubuntu 8.10 and the iSpell version is the last, the 3.3. I want to do that, automatice the user interaction, I'm going to see the Expect software. Thanks Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

ispell

I tried to install ispell on my suse linux 8.2 do do spell cheking for my webmail but I issue rpm -Uvh ispell-3.2.06-266.i586.rpm i get the following error message error: failed dependencies: libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) is needed by ispell-3.2.06-266 I also try to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick ispell help

Hi, I am trying to write a script that calls ispell (my linux version doesn't have aspell) on a file and runs from there. Pretty much looks like this at the beginning: #!/bin/bash # script that will spell check a file read -p "Enter a file name: " fileName ispell fileName I just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: negzero7
3 Replies
enchant(1)							   User Commands							enchant(1)

NAME
enchant - a spell checker. SYNOPSIS
enchant [-a] [-l] [-L] [-v] [filename] DESCRIPTION
Enchant is an ispell-compatible spellchecker. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c List alternatives. -l List only the misspellings. -L Include the line number in the output. -v Prints the program's version. FILES
The following files are used by this application: enchant.ordering; Enchant has a global and a per-user ordering file named enchant.ordering. It lets the user specify which spelling backend to use for individual languages in the case when you care which backend gets used. The global file is located in $(datadir)/enchant and the per-user file is located in ~/.enchant. The per-user file takes precedence, if found. The ordering file takes the form language_tag:. Currently it supports following backends: aspell, myspell, ispell, uspell, hspell. The comma-separated list may not include spaces. '*' is used to mean "use this ordering for all languages, unless instructed otherwise." For example: *:aspell,myspell,ispell en:aspell,myspell,ispell en_UK:myspell,aspell,ispell fr:myspell,ispell:aspell ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-spell | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libenchant(3), enchant-lsmod(1), attributes(5), NOTES
Unless configured otherwise, Enchant's Myspell, Ispell, and Uspell backends will look for dictionaries in directories specific to Enchant, and will not use your system-wide installed dictionaries. This is for pragmatic reasons since many distributions install these dictionaries into different locations. Like the enchant.ordering file described above, Enchant looks in the global directory for these dictionaries and a per-user direc- tory. The per-user directory takes precedence if it is found. Enchant looks for Myspell dictionaries in $(datadir)/enchant/myspell and ~/.enchant/myspell. Enchant looks for Ispell dictionaries in $(datadir)/enchant/ispell and ~/.enchant/ispell. Enchant looks for Uspell dic- tionaries in $(datadir)/enchant/uspell and ~/.enchant/uspell. Packagers and users may wish to make symbolic links to the system-wide dictionary directories. Or, preferably, use the --with-myspell- dir, --with-ispell-dir, and --with-uspell-dir 'configure' arguments. Written by Jeff Cai, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 30 Jul 2008 enchant(1)