Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Vulnerability AIX server (GROUPS/USERS) and SAP Systems ? Post 302358877 by cero on Monday 5th of October 2009 05:09:14 AM
Old 10-05-2009
I do not know a solution for your problem Muhammet, but I'd be cautious when implementing one. Your SAP systems need to read other systemfiles, like /etc/services which do not belong to group sapsys, to work properly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Users and groups

Hi, Is it possible that one user belongs to many groups, or the relation of user/group is 1/1?. Thanks Ramón (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsanz
2 Replies

2. Linux

listing users and groups

RH 7.2 I'm trying to list the users & groups on my machine. I found the lsuser & lsgroup commands but no associated man pages. I typed: lsuser I get --> Valid options are: -a So I typed: lsuser -a I get --> Valid options are: groups, home So I typed: lsuser -a groups I get -->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

users and groups

hi eveyone i've recently requested my unix admin to create a userid for 2 groups. He created the id and i can see it by grep "id" /etc/group. But when i login with that id into unix and try to cd that group it says permission denied. something like cd /groupname -- permission denied Can my admin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammet
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Removing users from groups

How do I remove a user from a group? I'm using the usermod command but its not working. I have a user "abc" who is a member of the groups root and other. I'm trying to remove him from the group "other" (using CLI) which is his secondary group but it's not working. How do I do this? Is there any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
11 Replies

5. Solaris

/usr/sap/psu file systems full.

Hi Ive been facing a prob today in SAP which is been installed in solaris .the prob is one of my file systems tat is /usr/sap/psu is gettin full.i chkd the file named core which gets generated so i was asked to delete that file after doing tat my file systems space was 90%,but the prob is that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX os level 6.1 for list of users and groups

I have a AIX server o/s 5.3.0.0 and a few at o/s 6.1.0.0 The issue I am haveing is running this on the server with o/s of 5.3 works good but not on the o/s of 6.1 any help out here?? #!/usr/bin/ksh user -a pgrp groups ALL |awk '{print $1}' > a1 lsuser -a pgrp groups ALL |awk '{print $2}'|cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcraft
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

quick remote health check SAP systems from UNIX commandline

Hi folks Howto do quick remote health check for SAP systems on UNIX commandline? To see if a SAP system is down or in maintenace mode (no login). I am searching something like "tnsping"/Oracle for SAP systems. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List users and groups

Hi I am new to unix so hopefully someone can help. I need to list all the users I have in my unix enviroment (AIX) and the groups (primary and secondary) they belong to. Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3y
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating groups and users

Hi Could anyone please suggest how we can check in Linux if a user or a group name is already existing? In case of a user the command should also be able to specify the user with a given directory and shell. We can of course check this using a grep command but since that is just a pattern match,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dorothy
12 Replies

10. AIX

Change password for many users on an AIX server

Hi I want to change password for around 100 users on an aix server. I have the list of those 100 users with me. instead of doing # passwd username for all the 100 users one by one, can you please help with a script through which we can change the password for all the 100 users in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies
serviceconf(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    serviceconf(8)

NAME
redhat-config-services - Service Configuration Utility SYNTAX
redhat-config-services DESCRIPTION
This is a graphical tool for enabling and disabling services (including xinetd services). Functionality to start, stop, and restart ser- vices is also included. OPTIONS
None FILES
/usr/bin/redhat-config-services /usr/share/serviceconf/* EXAMPLES
To run this program simply type: redhat-config-services LIMITATIONS
This utility currently execs chkconfig --add/--del <servicename> when enabling and disabling services. This means that it does not have the same default behaviour as ntsysv. SEE ALSO
chkconfig(8) ntsysv(8) BUGS
- Some services will not start or stop properly if started anywhere but the console (redhat-config-services will appear to hang in these instances). This is not a bug in redhat-config-services, but in the individual services. - Some services are incredibly hard to detect if they are running or not. Starting, stopping and restarting initscripts may give mixed results (ie. may fail if you are stopping a service that's already stopped, etc). This will be fixed; until then it's a bug. AUTHORS
Tim Powers <timp@redhat.com> Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com> Wed May 16 2001 serviceconf(8)