Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Split a Capital rich string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split a Capital rich string Post 302358792 by externalaw on Sunday 4th of October 2009 06:48:29 PM
Old 10-04-2009
- holding on -

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a string

Hi I have a script that loops though lines of a file and reads each line in to a variable ($LINE). I want to look at the line and split it into it's constituent parts. e.g. a line might be "This is a string" I want to then have variables set to each element thus: A=This B=is C=a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazingdown
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split string help

could anyone help in running split cmd split("String1,outputArray,"delimiter); with sample script?. for eg i have abc-def-ghi-sdf- my ultimate aim of asking this is i have a string containing hypens, i want to get the string before last n(2) Hypens (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilk615
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split A String

Hi, I am new to scripting and need help splitting a string using space as the delimiter. How can I do that? I want the result to be stored in an Array. I tried using set -A arr $(echo $FILE) echo $arr The result of the above was ''. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie187
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split the string

I need to split the string msu1_2 It should be generic for any string of the form msu<digits>_<digits> so that i get $X =1 and $Y = 2 Please help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asth
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split string

Hi, can we split a number like this.. if i have something like 85743975945738, can it be converted as 8574-3975-945738 in ksh shell using single command... Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split string

Hi I am facing a problem in spitting a string. Here is the string -------------------- subject1=10;subject2=30;subject3=40;subjectcode=10001;... Now, I want only marks not the subject code. (there can be 'n' subjects) ie. 10 30 40 My doubt ---------- How do I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jionnet
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

split string

I am trying to get some data from a file and print it on the same line. I have a script that gets the body of emails and display it, but i want it to display each emails body in one line no matter how big it is. eg insted of this email1: bla bla bla bla bla bla bal email2: bla bla bla... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddog21
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split a string

Hi, We have a SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-13 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240. I'm trying to find a way to split a string into 2 variables. Ex: parm1="192.168.1.101/parent/child" What I need to do is split the string above into: host="192.168.1.101" location="parent/child" I saw the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting all words that start with a capital letter in a string using python dictionary

Hi, I have written the following python snippet to store the capital letter starting words into a dictionary as key and no of its appearances as a value in this dictionary against the key. #!/usr/bin/env python import sys import re hash = {} # initialize an empty dictinonary for line in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing text file by Capital Names (capital word ' ' capital word)

Hi I have a file passwd_exmpl that contains: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/nologin daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/sbin/nologin adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin lp:x:4:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/sbin/nologin sync:x:5:0:sync:/sbin:/bin/sync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eladage
5 Replies
AMFLUSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							AMFLUSH(8)

NAME
amflush - flush Amanda backup files from holding disk to tape SYNOPSIS
amflush [ -f ] [ -D datestamp ]* config [ host [ disk ]* ]* DESCRIPTION
Amflush writes Amanda backups from the holding disks to tape, and updates the Amanda info database and tape list accordingly. Backups may stay in a holding disk when something is wrong with the tape at the time amdump is run. When this happens, the problem must be corrected and amflush run by hand. -D datestamp specify a datestamp expression you want to flush, see the "DATASTAMP EXPRESSION" section of amanda(8) for a description. -D 20001225-7 will flush all dump from 25 december 2000 to 27 december 2000. You can specify many host/disk expressions, only disks that match an expression will be flushed. All disk are flushed if no expression are given. see the "HOST & DISK EXPRESSION" section of amanda(8) for a description. Amflush will look in the holding disks specified by the amanda.conf file in /etc/amanda/config for any non-empty Amanda work directories. It then prompts you to select a directory or to process all of the directories. The work directories in the holding disks are named by the date at the time amdump was run, e.g. 19910215. Amflush normally detaches itself from the tty and runs as a background process. With the -f option, amflush stays in the foreground. This is useful if amflush is run as part of another script that, for example, advances the tape after the flush is completed. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. EXAMPLE
Amflush will search for holding areas associated with the PUCC configuration. After you select which holding area to flush, amflush writes the data to tape, updates the databases and sends a mail report similar to amdump(8). % amflush DailySet1 Scanning /amanda-hold... 20001113: found Amanda directory. 20001114: found Amanda directory. Multiple Amanda directories, please pick one by letter: A. 20001113 B. 20001114 Select directories to flush [A..B]: [ALL] all Flushing dumps in 20001113, 20001114, today: 20001117 to tape drive /dev/rmt/0mn. Expecting tape DMP014 or a new tape. (The last dumps were to tape DMP013) Are you sure you want to do this? yes Running in background, you can log off now. You'll get mail when amflush is finished. AUTHOR
James da Silva <jds@cs.umd.edu> University of Maryland, College Park SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8) AMFLUSH(8)