Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C POSIX: Analyze a Boggle board using 100% CPU on a quad core. Post 302358657 by HeavyJ on Saturday 3rd of October 2009 09:21:01 PM
Old 10-03-2009
Ubuntu 9.04

g++

Done in a Terminal.

If you are serious about helping me use 100% CPU, I will send you the code (all of it). Know that I have spent a solid two months developing this work, and it is to my knowledge the most advanced program set of its kind.

Simply put, I will be very unhappy if I never hear from you again, after giving you any part of my code.

I graduated as an aerospace engineer in 2005, and I have never had a job in that industry, so I turned to an area of study with almost no material costs.

I used POSIX because it seems to be incorporated into the C standard. I have a serious problem using any code developed for particular machines or operating systems.

What would your choice be to implement a real micro-parallel algorithm such as my Boggle analysis scheme? Why is POSIX a bad choice for true parallel performance?

Thanks a lot, fpmurphy

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cpu and core

Hi, what is concept of core in ibm platform? I want to know how to find out no of core in cpu in aix i.e command how to find out value of core? Wheather any specification is there? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. AIX

no of core in cpu for aix

is there command which will display no of core per cpu in aix? Regads, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Distinguishing between CPU and Core

Hi, I want to know if in UNIX is it possible to distinguish between a CPU and a core through any command? Thanks, Vineet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

4. Linux Benchmarks

AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor, Ram: 3.6 GB, Foxconn 7da-s and Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64

CPU/Speed: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor Ram: 3.6 GB Motherboard: Foxconn 7da-s Bus: Cache: Controller: Disk: Load: Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 Kernel ELF?: pgms: ============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migracho
0 Replies

5. AIX

What is a cpu core ?

Hi Friends- What does it mean by 2 cpu cores, 3 cpu cores? Does it mean 2 separate cpus or what is it exactly ? Kindly explain a bit in detail. Thanks panditt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Share CPU core

Hi, I have 2 physical processor UltraSPARC-T2 with 32 virtual processors I want to execute a perl program on 10 virtual processors. I try prset command, but I don't see a difference. psrset -c "created processor set 2" 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" psrset -b 2 `pgrep program.pl` Maybe... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: falloutsam
8 Replies

7. HP-UX

how can i know this processor quad or dual core ?

hi every body i want to know if i have server with hp-ux os if i did "machinfo" i will see no of cpu = for example 16 how can i know this is dual or quad core . thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
2 Replies

8. Solaris

does a cpu/memory board have a firmware ??

please help does a cpu/memory module have a firmware ?? and do i need to check it before install the cpu/memory module in the motherboard ?? thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bahjatm
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

No of CPU's and No of Core

I would like to understand how many number of CPUs and cores do I have on my server based on following out put.. Few observations... Please correct me if I am wrong Since Physical ID is same CPU is singe It has 8 virtual processors Hyper thrading is enabled since no of siblings are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parth_buch
1 Replies
hostinfo(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       hostinfo(8)

NAME
hostinfo -- host information SYNOPSIS
hostinfo DESCRIPTION
The hostinfo command displays information about the host system on which the command is executing. The output includes a kernel version description, processor configuration data, available physical memory, and various scheduling statistics. OPTIONS
There are no options. DISPLAY
Mach kernel version: The version string compiled into the kernel executing on the host system. Processor Configuration: The maximum possible processors for which the kernel is configured, followed by the number of physical and logical processors avail- able. Note: on Intel architectures, physical processors are referred to as cores, and logical processors are referred to as hardware threads; there may be multiple logical processors per core and multiple cores per processor package. This command does not report the number of processor packages. Processor type: The host's processor type and subtype. Processor active: A list of active processors on the host system. Active processors are members of a processor set and are ready to dispatch threads. On a single processor system, the active processor, is processor 0. Primary memory available: The amount of physical memory that is configured for use on the host system. Default processor set: Displays the number of tasks currently assigned to the host processor set, the number of threads currently assigned to the host proces- sor set, and the number of processors included in the host processor set. Load average: Measures the average number of threads in the run queue. Mach factor: A variant of the load average which measures the processing resources available to a new thread. Mach factor is based on the number of CPUs divided by (1 + the number of runnablethreads) or the number of CPUs minus the number of runnable threads when the number of runnable threads is less than the number of CPUs. The closer the Mach factor value is to zero, the higher the load. On an idle system with a fixed number of active processors, the mach factor will be equal to the number of CPUs. SEE ALSO
sysctl(8) Mac OS X October 30, 2003 Mac OS X