Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ...yet another string of awk/sed questions from a RegExp-Challenged luser %-\ Post 302358509 by SteveB-in-LV on Friday 2nd of October 2009 07:27:37 PM
Old 10-02-2009
MySQL Out-flippin'-standing !!!

The Force is < STRONG > with you two !!! Smilie

<<< THANK YOU SO MUCH >>> for these <<< AMAZING >>> REPLIES !!!

--Steve

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

regexp with sed again!!!

please help: I want to add 1 space between string and numbers: input file: abcd12345 output file: abcd 1234 The following sed command does not work: sed 's/\(+\)\(+\)/\1 \2/' file Any ideas, please Andy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regexp to get first line of string

Hi everybody for file in * #Bash performs filename expansion #+ on expressions that globbing recognizes. do output="`grep -n "$1" "$file"`" echo "$file: `expr "$output" : '\(^.*$\)'`" done In the above bash script segment, I try to print just the first line of string named... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed regexp

Hi, I am not that good with reg exp and sed. But I was just looking at something the other day and came across a situation. When I ran the below command: echo "123 word" | sed 's/*/(&)/' the op was: (123) word But when I ran: echo "123 word" | sed 's/*/(&)/g' the o/p was: (123)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed before and after regexp

Dear all i have the code which print 1 line of context before and after regexp, with line number sed -n -e '/regexp/{=;x;1!p;g;$!N;p;D;}' -e h the code work well but any one can tell me what each letter mean {=;x;1!p;g;$!N;p;D;} also how i can print 2 line before and onle line after ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soly
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, sed or perl regexp to print values from file

Hello all According to the following file (orignal one contains 200x times the same structure...) I was wondering if someone could help me to print <byte>??</byte> values example, running this script/command like ./script.sh xxapp I would expect as output: 102 116 112 ./script.sh xxapp2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Couple of easy questions for experts on awk/sed

Hello Experts.. I have 3-4 C codes with Oracle SQL statements embedded. All the SQL statements starts with EXEC SQL keyword and ends with ;. I want to extract all the SQL statements out of these codes. I did awk '/^EXEC SQL/,/\;/' inputFile (I use this on all of the codes individually). That... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp for string that might contain a given character

I'm probably just not thinking of the correct term to search for :-) But I want to match a pattern that might be 'ABC' or '1ABC' there might be three characters, or there might be four, but if there are four, the first has to be 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnojr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk or sed to print the character from the previous line after the regexp match

Hi All, I need to print the characters in the previous line just before the regular expression match Please have a look at the input file as attached I need to match the regular expression ^ with the character of the previous like and also the pin numbers and the output file should be like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies
XML::LibXML::RegExp(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  XML::LibXML::RegExp(3pm)

NAME
XML::LibXML::RegExp - XML::LibXML::RegExp - interface to libxml2 regular expressions SYNOPSIS
use XML::LibXML; my $compiled_re = XML::LibXML::RegExp->new('[0-9]{5}(-[0-9]{4})?'); if ($compiled_re->isDeterministic()) { ... } if ($compiled_re->matches($string)) { ... } $compiled_re = XML::LibXML::RegExp->new( $regexp_str ); $bool = $compiled_re->matches($string); $bool = $compiled_re->isDeterministic(); DESCRIPTION
This is a perl interface to libxml2's implementation of regular expressions, which are used e.g. for validation of XML Schema simple types (pattern facet). new() $compiled_re = XML::LibXML::RegExp->new( $regexp_str ); The constructor takes a string containing a regular expression and returns a compiled regexp object. matches($string) $bool = $compiled_re->matches($string); Given a string value, returns a true value if the value is matched by the compiled regular expression. isDeterministic() $bool = $compiled_re->isDeterministic(); Returns a true value if the regular expression is deterministic; returns false otherwise. (See the definition of determinism in the XML spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#determinism <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#determinism>)) AUTHORS
Matt Sergeant, Christian Glahn, Petr Pajas VERSION
2.0001 COPYRIGHT
2001-2007, AxKit.com Ltd. 2002-2006, Christian Glahn. 2006-2009, Petr Pajas. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-20 XML::LibXML::RegExp(3pm)