Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if clause problem ..err is : integer expression expected Post 302358506 by cfajohnson on Friday 2nd of October 2009 06:57:56 PM
Old 10-02-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxg
Hi

pls help me with this if clause , which is marked in red .

It gives me an error saying :-
[FONT=Courier][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier][SIZE=2]: integer expression expected
and it goes to the else part and writes output the WARNING STATEMENTS ..
the values of if [ "$rcInPAudit" = "$rcInP" ]; then
rcInPAudit and rcInP match each other exactly ..but it does not go the if part and gives an error (saying integer expression expected )

That if statement could not generate that error. The problem is elsewhere.
Quote:
[/HTML]

Why are you using an HTML tag for a shell script? Use [CODE]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer Expression Expected

Cannot figure out what the error is on line #10 I was trying to change my login prompt though I've success with that this shows up as well. Here's what I have (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moonunit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

:integer expression expected

Hi, echo $i until || do read NUM if && ; then printf "$FBOLD\nInvalid number, please enter valid backup number: $FREG" fi done Getting below error : ./import_location.sh: line 234: [: : integer expression expected ./import_location.sh: line 234: [: :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integer Expression Expected!?!?

Ok, so I am beggining a script to factor the time difference from when a user logs on to current time but before I can even get too far I am getting the INTEGER EXPRESSION EXPECTED error. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? lhour=$(who | grep "$1" | cut -c30,31); lmin=$(who | grep "$1"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected

Newb here echo "$yesterdaysclose" echo "$close" if ; then echo "stocks moving up" elif ; then echo "stock is moving down" else echo "no change" fi seems to evaluate the floating decimal correctly however returns ./shellscript1.sh: line 17: [: : integer expression expected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi Guys, when i run the below script its showing error "integer expression expected" script pasted below: #!/bin/sh for i in {1..$2} do if then scp server1:/root/file.2012-$1-0$i . else scp server1:/root/file.2012-$1-$i . fi done (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga39
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I have placed the script and running successfully on AIX However in Linux it throws integer expression expected Could some one please help me to fix this MaxThreshold4alert=`echo "$MaxCapacitycnt*(80/100)" |bc -l` echo $MaxThreshold4alert Error: 40.00000000000000000000: integer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajothi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need some help with this if but then it says line 11: I don't know what I'm doing wrong (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: margg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am getting the below error while comparing the month of a file to current month. I am using ls -lrth to get the month of that file and while using the if else condition i am getting the below error.. a1=`ls -lrth abc.txt | awk '{print substr($6,1,3)}'` This gives me the month from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hello , This is the piece of the code which is giving me trouble if ;then exit_proc "${SOURCEDIR}/${OUT_FILE} does not exists or not readable" 2 else word_count=`wc -l < ${SOURCEDIR}/$OUT_FILE` fi if ;then exit_proc "Word_count is more than allowed limit" 1 else... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
6 Replies
DELETE(7)							   SQL Commands 							 DELETE(7)

NAME
DELETE - delete rows of a table SYNOPSIS
DELETE FROM [ ONLY ] table [ [ AS ] alias ] [ USING usinglist ] [ WHERE condition | WHERE CURRENT OF cursor_name ] [ RETURNING * | output_expression [ [ AS ] output_name ] [, ...] ] DESCRIPTION
DELETE deletes rows that satisfy the WHERE clause from the specified table. If the WHERE clause is absent, the effect is to delete all rows in the table. The result is a valid, but empty table. Tip: TRUNCATE [truncate(7)] is a PostgreSQL extension that provides a faster mechanism to remove all rows from a table. By default, DELETE will delete rows in the specified table and all its child tables. If you wish to delete only from the specific table mentioned, you must use the ONLY clause. There are two ways to delete rows in a table using information contained in other tables in the database: using sub-selects, or specifying additional tables in the USING clause. Which technique is more appropriate depends on the specific circumstances. The optional RETURNING clause causes DELETE to compute and return value(s) based on each row actually deleted. Any expression using the table's columns, and/or columns of other tables mentioned in USING, can be computed. The syntax of the RETURNING list is identical to that of the output list of SELECT. You must have the DELETE privilege on the table to delete from it, as well as the SELECT privilege for any table in the USING clause or whose values are read in the condition. PARAMETERS
ONLY If specified, delete rows from the named table only. When not specified, any tables inheriting from the named table are also pro- cessed. table The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing table. alias A substitute name for the target table. When an alias is provided, it completely hides the actual name of the table. For example, given DELETE FROM foo AS f, the remainder of the DELETE statement must refer to this table as f not foo. usinglist A list of table expressions, allowing columns from other tables to appear in the WHERE condition. This is similar to the list of tables that can be specified in the FROM Clause [select(7)] of a SELECT statement; for example, an alias for the table name can be specified. Do not repeat the target table in the usinglist, unless you wish to set up a self-join. condition An expression that returns a value of type boolean. Only rows for which this expression returns true will be deleted. cursor_name The name of the cursor to use in a WHERE CURRENT OF condition. The row to be deleted is the one most recently fetched from this cur- sor. The cursor must be a non-grouping query on the DELETE's target table. Note that WHERE CURRENT OF cannot be specified together with a Boolean condition. See DECLARE [declare(7)] for more information about using cursors with WHERE CURRENT OF. output_expression An expression to be computed and returned by the DELETE command after each row is deleted. The expression can use any column names of the table or table(s) listed in USING. Write * to return all columns. output_name A name to use for a returned column. OUTPUTS
On successful completion, a DELETE command returns a command tag of the form DELETE count The count is the number of rows deleted. If count is 0, no rows matched the condition (this is not considered an error). If the DELETE command contains a RETURNING clause, the result will be similar to that of a SELECT statement containing the columns and val- ues defined in the RETURNING list, computed over the row(s) deleted by the command. NOTES
PostgreSQL lets you reference columns of other tables in the WHERE condition by specifying the other tables in the USING clause. For exam- ple, to delete all films produced by a given producer, one can do: DELETE FROM films USING producers WHERE producer_id = producers.id AND producers.name = 'foo'; What is essentially happening here is a join between films and producers, with all successfully joined films rows being marked for dele- tion. This syntax is not standard. A more standard way to do it is: DELETE FROM films WHERE producer_id IN (SELECT id FROM producers WHERE name = 'foo'); In some cases the join style is easier to write or faster to execute than the sub-select style. EXAMPLES
Delete all films but musicals: DELETE FROM films WHERE kind <> 'Musical'; Clear the table films: DELETE FROM films; Delete completed tasks, returning full details of the deleted rows: DELETE FROM tasks WHERE status = 'DONE' RETURNING *; Delete the row of tasks on which the cursor c_tasks is currently positioned: DELETE FROM tasks WHERE CURRENT OF c_tasks; COMPATIBILITY
This command conforms to the SQL standard, except that the USING and RETURNING clauses are PostgreSQL extensions. SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DELETE(7)