Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Make variable length record a fixed length Post 302358467 by jclanc8 on Friday 2nd of October 2009 04:12:12 PM
Old 10-02-2009
awesome, awesome, awesome. Works great.
Thanks so much.SmilieSmilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a fixed length output from a variable length input

Is there a command that sets a variable length? I have a input of a variable length field but my output for that field needs to be set to 32 char. Is there such a command? I am on a sun box running ksh Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1500
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fixed record length

hello! I have a file with fixed record length... format: 123445asdfg 4343777 sfgg I wanna convert it to 123445,asdfg ,4343,777 ,sfgg is there any way to do it? sed/grep/awk?? at the moment I use sed -e 's_ \(\)_,\1_g' but it works only if there are spaces between... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: george_
16 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert a tab delimited/variable length file to fixed length file

Hi, all. I need to convert a file tab delimited/variable length file in AIX to a fixed lenght file delimited by spaces. This is the input file: 10200002<tab>US$ COM<tab>16/12/2008<tab>2,3775<tab>2,3783 19300978<tab>EURO<tab>16/12/2008<tab>3,28523<tab>3,28657 And this is the expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Everton_Silveir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace fixed length record file

Hi I need to be search a file of fixed length records and when I hit a particular record that match a search string, substitute a known position field In the example file below FHEAD000000000120090806143011 THEAD0000000002Y0000000012 P00000000000000001234 TTAIL0000000003... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nedkelly007
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing a variable length text to a fixed length

Hi, Can anyone help with a effective solution ? I need to change a variable length text field (between 1 - 18 characters) to a fixed length text of 18 characters with the unused portion, at the end, filled with spaces. The text field is actually field 10 of a .csv file however I could cut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc18
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add substring in a file containing fixed length record.

I am new to awk and writing a script using awk. I have file containing fixed length records, I wish to extract 2 substring(each substring is padded with zeros on left e.g 000000003623) and add each substring respectively for every record in the file to get total sum of respective substring for all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append spaces the rows to make it into a required fixed length file

I want to make a script to read row by row and find its length. If the length is less than my required length then i hav to append spaces to that paritucular row. Each row contains special characters, spaces, etc. For example my file contains , 12345 abcdef 234 abcde 89012 abcdefgh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make it to fixed length

Hi Team, I have a different length records in my text file.I would like to make all the records with same length. I want to check the maximum lenth and all other records make the same length It's urgent request. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthuvan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert variable length record to fixed length

Hi Team, I have an issue to split the file which is having special chracter(German Char) using awk command. I have a different length records in a file. I am separating the files based on the length using awk command. The command is working fine if the record is not having any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthuvan
7 Replies
Catalyst::Plugin::SubRequest(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Catalyst::Plugin::SubRequest(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Plugin::SubRequest - Make subrequests to actions in Catalyst SYNOPSIS
use Catalyst 'SubRequest'; my $res_body = $c->subreq('/test/foo/bar', { template => 'magic.tt' }); my $res_body = $c->subreq( { path => '/test/foo/bar', body => $body }, { template => 'magic.tt' }); # Get the full response object my $res = $c->subreq_res('/test/foo/bar', { template => 'mailz.tt' }, { param1 => 23 }); $c->log->warn( $res->content_type ); DESCRIPTION
Make subrequests to actions in Catalyst. Uses the catalyst dispatcher, so it will work like an external url call. Methods are provided both to get the body of the response and the full response (Catalyst::Response) object. METHODS
subreq [path as string or hash ref], [stash as hash ref], [parameters as hash ref] subrequest sub_request Takes a full path to a path you'd like to dispatch to. If the path is passed as a hash ref then it can include body, action, match and path. An optional second argument as hashref can contain data to put into the stash of the subrequest. An optional third argument as hashref can contain data to pass as parameters to the subrequest. Returns the body of the response. subreq_res [path as string or hash ref], [stash as hash ref], [parameters as hash ref] subrequest_response sub_request_response Like "sub_request()", but returns a full Catalyst::Response object. SEE ALSO
Catalyst. AUTHORS
Marcus Ramberg, "mramberg@cpan.org" Tomas Doran (t0m) "bobtfish@bobtfish.net" MAINTAINERS
Eden Cardim (edenc) "eden@insoli.de" THANK YOU
SRI, for writing the awesome Catalyst framework MIYAGAWA, for writing the awesome Plack toolkit COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 - 2011 the Catalyst::Plugin::SubRequest "AUTHORS" as listed above. LICENSE
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-20 Catalyst::Plugin::SubRequest(3pm)