Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Selective remove awk-bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selective remove awk-bash Post 302358348 by Dedalus on Friday 2nd of October 2009 07:59:13 AM
Old 10-02-2009
that's great!

thanks both Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

selective printing awk

Hi there my file looks like this 1 a b c d e f 2 a b b c d e f f g h e t t 3 a c b d e f 4 a b c i want to print the line which has the fields containing ONLY a b c, in this case the line 4. How can i awk it !!!? Many Thanks in advance! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script selective insert between lines

Hi I have a file in the foll. format *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD AV* Data *FIELD RF* *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD RF* (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to merge selective content between files using awk?

Hello, I'm new to awk. I've 2 files where H stands for header and T for trailer. The number following T gives the record count in a file. file 1 looks like this: H|A|B|C 1|2|3 1|2|4 2|3|5 T|3 file 2 looks like this: H|A|B|C 4|5|6 7|8|9 T|2 Need to merge the above 2 files such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skumre
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk selective printing

Hi, i need help to print number from different field INPUT: Student1 10 20 Student2 30 40 Student3 50 60 Student4 70 80 Desired Output: 1 20-30 2 40-50 3 60-70 Thank you! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective Replace awk column values

Hi, I have the following data: 2860377|"DATA1"|"DATA2"|"65343"|"DATA2"|"DATA4"|"11"|"DATA5"|"DATA6"|"65343"|"DATA7"|"0"|"8"|"1"|"NEGATIVE" 32340377|"DATA1"|"DATA2"|"65343"|"DATA2"|"DATA4"|"11"|"DATA5"|"DATA6"|"65343"|"DATA7"|"0"|"8"|"1"|"NEG-DID"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash selective copy folders and content to another location

I'm looking for a bash scrypt to copy some folders and some of the content to another location. I'm a teacher and very noobish with programming language anyway what I'm looking for , I have this director structure Main director "Students" with subfolders "john";"daisy";"work" etc .. and some of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brickleul
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> selective printout with FNR

Hi everybody! need some awk-support. i want a line-selective printout of a file. wat i normally will do with ... awk ' FNR==8' sample.txt But now i need the data from line 8, 10 and the following data from line13 to 250 wich is not end of the file. I tried allready to combine it but without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Selective printing of fields

Hi Gurus, I have following input file. I tried multiple awk combinations to print selected columns without success. HEX ID Name ver FLRGT Start Time Total Shared End Date ----- -------- --- ------ ------------------------ -------------- -------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Continued trouble matching fields in different files and selective field printing ([g]awk)

I apologize in advance, but I continue to have trouble searching for matches between two files and then printing portions of each to output in awk and would very much appreciate some help. I have data as follows: File1 PS012,002 PRQ 0 1 1 17 1 0 -1 3 2 1 2 -1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
7 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)