Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Setting up VSFTPD (force SSL?) Post 302358327 by mokachoka on Friday 2nd of October 2009 06:39:34 AM
Old 10-02-2009
I have created my own Certificate and directed both the 'rsa_cert_file' option? and the 'rsa_private_key_file' option to the new certificate which is stored inside /etc/vsftpd/____.pem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to enable POP3(ssl) and SMTP(ssl) in Squid

i have configured Squid proxy server in Fedora 8 with two network interfaces. HTTP, HTTPS, FTP are working fine but we are unable to download mails using mail clients from mail server with POP3(ssl) and SMTP(ssl). so please someone help us how to enable pop and smtp in Squid. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praneel2k
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VSFTPD - User or IP based SSL encryption?

Is there a way i can only force SSL encryption if they connect from outside our network OR allow certain IP's to connect without using encryption? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VSFTPD & SSL Certificates

Hello all :b: I need a little advice on securing my VSFTPD server. I currently have it setup and working using a self signed certificate by following instructions on the net and im happy with it to a certain extent. One of my clients is not... He said he cannot connect to the server unless... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

vsftpd with ssl support on rhel5 64 bit

Hi Friends, I am trying to configure vsftpd server 2.0.5 on rhel5 64 bit installation. I am getting an error when initiating an ssl connection. I am using filezilla 3.0 ftp client. Client is specifically using passive mode connection. I can see the client is able to connect to the server,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vsftpd with SSL

Hi there. Im studying and i've got an exercise that i cannot fully understand. Im trying and testing, but it didnt works What i need to configure ftps ( vsftpd ) with openssl? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andriusman
1 Replies

6. Programming

setting netbeans to ignore from expired ssl certificate

Hi, I am not sure this is the correct section. My question is not directly about programming about developing IDE. I am using netbeans to develop my project. I created a new project from a remote server. I have set all the details. One problem is that the server ssl has already expired... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Force ssl/ssh to use the hosts file

does anyone know how to force ssh/ssl to use the hosts file instead of DNS? I have disabled the DNS servers but ssh still will not resolve a host in the hosts file. thanks in advance for the help! DS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: derrell simpson
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

9. AIX

Setting root pasword to null with force change on first login

Greetings All I have a specific use case: for the deployment of a standard AIX Golden Image via mksysb, I have been requested to set the root user password to NULL with forced change on first login. Currently the admins need to remember when the Golden Image mksysb was created to calculate the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milegrin
5 Replies

10. Linux

Apache wildcard ssl on subdomain serves same page for non ssl virtualhosts

Issue observed: I have configured ng.my-site.com using widlcard ssl cert. When I hit https://www.my-site.com it loads ng.my-site.com website! please advise if I missed any concept / configs... Thank you! httpd.conf <VirtualHost *:80> ServerName www.my-site.com ServerAdmin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies
NSEQ(1SSL)							      OpenSSL								NSEQ(1SSL)

NAME
nseq - create or examine a netscape certificate sequence SYNOPSIS
openssl nseq [-in filename] [-out filename] [-toseq] DESCRIPTION
The nseq command takes a file containing a Netscape certificate sequence and prints out the certificates contained in it or takes a file of certificates and converts it into a Netscape certificate sequence. COMMAND OPTIONS
-in filename This specifies the input filename to read or standard input if this option is not specified. -out filename specifies the output filename or standard output by default. -toseq normally a Netscape certificate sequence will be input and the output is the certificates contained in it. With the -toseq option the situation is reversed: a Netscape certificate sequence is created from a file of certificates. EXAMPLES
Output the certificates in a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in nseq.pem -out certs.pem Create a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in certs.pem -toseq -out nseq.pem NOTES
The PEM encoded form uses the same headers and footers as a certificate: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- -----END CERTIFICATE----- A Netscape certificate sequence is a Netscape specific form that can be sent to browsers as an alternative to the standard PKCS#7 format when several certificates are sent to the browser: for example during certificate enrollment. It is used by Netscape certificate server for example. BUGS
This program needs a few more options: like allowing DER or PEM input and output files and allowing multiple certificate files to be used. 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 NSEQ(1SSL)