Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Security issue and temp files Post 302358194 by Scott on Thursday 1st of October 2009 03:25:42 PM
Old 10-01-2009
IMO? If a hacker is guessing filenames, he's not a very good hacker!

The only significant difference (apart from the name) I can see with whatever.$$ and mktemp is the permissions (600).

So perhaps the race condition the man page is referring to is the time it takes you to chmod a file?

He has a point, I think, but IMO not a very big one.

Last edited by Scott; 10-02-2009 at 03:01 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tidying up temp files on exit of script

Hi I believe there is a method to remove all temporary files when a KSH script terminates (either expectedly or unexpectedly). I think is some sort of subroutine you can create that runs when the script exits. Can anyone help me with this please? Many thanks Helen :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Delete temp files and check file system

Hi all, new to the threads as well as Unix/Linux. I need to create a script that will delete any temporary files as well as check the files on the system for errors or corruption. This is what I have so far and I'm sure that I'm missing things or have the wrong commands. I'm not sure where to go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bwood1377
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining 3 AWK scripts to avoid use "temp" files

Hi everyone, Looking for a suggestion to improve the below script in which I´ve been working. The thing is I have 3 separated AWK scripts that I need to apply over the inputfile, and for scripts (2) and (3) I have to use a "temp" file as their inputfile (inputfile_temp and inputfile_temp1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Temp mysql files jamming CPU resources

Hello Friends I am currently facing high CPU usage problem which is making my site extremely slow. Currently I am using a 8GB RAM with 8 cores but, the creation of temporary files is eating away a lot of the CPU resource making the site very slow. The normal CPU load average remains below 2-3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: egully
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

temp files

Hi there, As a regular unix user I am forever programming on the command line or writing scripts so that I first write a load of data to a file to read from. In the end I am always left with a bundle of .txt, .tmp which is what I usually call them. As a basic programmmer I was wondering is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to temp create files more than inode limit

HI, I am from testing background. I have a scenario of a file generation, through cronjob, on a defined path. After I fill the data as 100 % utilized, my application is generating an empty file on the defined path. # df -kh Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atulbassi83
3 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Safari Temp Internet Files Location

I'm looking for help with finding where plugin data and other page resources are stored on the hard disk in safari 6.0. With the new update, the activity window has been merged into the develop menu under "show page resources" and one cannot access them directly. I tried running opensnoop to see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakurashinken
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup shell script created temp files .

Hi, I've a script which creates a temp flat file for storing all business dates received on a single day from diff control files sent by source system on that day. e.g on 12th april I receive txns for business day 8,9,10,11 april. I capture this business day and append to a flat file from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manojg9
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

RMTF (ReMove Temp Files)

Heyas As some applications (sed,grep,vi, etc) create some tempfiles, i'd changed a script to this: (sadly i cant find the original post (code) anymore (which just removed 2 'diffrent kinds'), just similar ones - forgot that as i was new to all this) :) ~ $ cat $(which rmtf) #!/bin/sh #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sea
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing large number of temp files

Hi All, I am having a situation now to delete a huge number of temp files created during run times approx. 16700+ files. We have never imagined that we will get this this much big list of files during run time. It worked fine for lesser no of files in the list. But when list is huge we are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
7 Replies
groovyc(1)						      General Commands Manual							groovyc(1)

NAME
groovyc - compiler for groovy source files DESCRIPTION
usage: groovyc [options] <source-files> options: --classpath <path> Specify where to find the class files. -d <arg> Specify where to place generated class files. -e,--exception Print stack trace on error. --encoding <encoding> Specify the encoding of the user class files. -F <flag> -h,--help Print a synopsis of standard options. -j,--jointCompilation Attach javac compiler to compile .java files. -J <property=value> --sourcepath <path> Specify where to find the source files. --temp <temp> -v,--version Print the version. options: --classpath <path> Specify where to find the class files. -d <arg> Specify where to place generated class files. -e,--exception Print stack trace on error. --encoding <encoding> Specify the encoding of the user class files. -F <flag> -h,--help Print a synopsis of standard options. -j,--jointCompilation Attach javac compiler to compile .java files. -J <property=value> --sourcepath <path> Specify where to find the source files. --temp <temp> -v,--version Print the version. SEE ALSO
groovy(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was generated using help2man and edited by Varun Hiremath <varun@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). December 2007 groovyc(1)