Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMTP Settings
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat SMTP Settings Post 302358110 by mark54g on Thursday 1st of October 2009 11:25:15 AM
Old 10-01-2009
That depends on what mail exchanger you are using. Do you know if you are using sendmail or postfix or qmail or some other such exchanger?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smtp

Hi All, I am running an email server on a Linux machine. My goal is to set up in a way that I can use pop3 to retrieve mail from a Windows machine using Outlook. Now I can download the messages from the Linux email server, however I can not send out messages. I encounter this error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

SMTP mail

I want to send e-mail from my yahoo account. But mail -s "title" *@yahoo.com < line.txt is from my local address to *@yahoo.com. How can i do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Euler04
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

SMTP with sendmail

Hi, I have a solaris 9 box, and 2 domains A.com and B.net. the machine is on B.net. I am not able to send emails to @A.com using mail or mailx. after reading on sendmail, there was something about relaying and editing the file /etc/mail/relay-domains. Please let me know if this is what i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

4. Programming

C Smtp

how do you send a ".\n" in a smtp client? >354 Send message, end with <CRLF>.<CRLF> >. > i have already issued a "./n" but it doesnt work. please help. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SMTP Configuration

Hello everyone, I've got this Java script which needs to know the SMTP host in order to send out mails from a particular mail ID. But I have no idea how or what to configure in SMTP for getting this code up and running.(All I know is SMTP=Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). I'm using Solaris 5.8.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smtp

Hi All, I have a unix box which is in a network with windows machine, I am able to send the mails to the user id's with in the unix box. I dont have Internet connection for this box, so I am not able to test if it can send mails to external network or not? I want to know, if SMTP is already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

SMTP and NTLM

Hi, I have a HP Unix from which I'm trying to connect to an email server through telnet and test sending emails using commands. Why am I doing that is not important. The email server is an Exchange server and it looks like that the only Authentication method it supports is NTLM. The host name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gheibia
0 Replies

8. Linux

SMTP issue

HI, I am having an issue with the mail. I had certain scripts who used to send mails. now i am not getting the mails as usual. need help to track the issue and resolve. mailx -s "Testing for details" xxx@yyy.zzz above code is used for mailing. can yoou please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyniladri
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring smtp settings and then sending the mail through shell script

I have make an menu in which first option is to start and second is to stop the services echo "Please enter the appropriate choice for doing the operations" echo " 1) STOP Services 2) START Services case $choice in 1) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. Solaris

SMTP Service

Guys, How can i check the mailx command will wor on my system or not. The OS is Sun Solaris 5.10. Or how can i come to know whether SMTP service is activated in Sun Solaris OS or not. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
1 Replies
mconnect(1)							   User Commands						       mconnect(1)

NAME
mconnect - connect to SMTP mail server socket SYNOPSIS
mconnect [-p port] [-r] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
The mconnect utility opens a connection to the mail server on a given host, so that it can be tested independently of all other mail soft- ware. If no host is given, the connection is made to the local host. Servers expect to speak the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) on this connection. Exit by typing the quit command. Typing EOF sends an end of file to the server. An interrupt closes the connection immedi- ately and exits. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -pport Specify the port number instead of the default SMTP port (number 25) as the next argument. -r Raw mode: disable the default line buffering and input handling. This produces an effect similar to telnet(1) to port number 25. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: hostname The name of a given host. USAGE
The mconnect command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf Help file for SMTP commands ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
telnet(1), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), ip6(7P) Postel, Jonathan B., RFC 821, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, August 1982. SunOS 5.11 28 Jan 2008 mconnect(1)