Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with memory fault
Operating Systems Linux Help with memory fault Post 302358072 by sysgate on Thursday 1st of October 2009 09:47:36 AM
Old 10-01-2009
I'm not familiar with 4gl applications, but anyway, since the problem is only one machine - ask yourself - what's different on this machine. Start tracing version of different software. Insufficient amount of memory on this machine ? How about the same code running on other Linux machine, same hardware ? Possibility of some other process eating up some pieces of the memory ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory Fault

I am using Unix OpenServer Release 5. When a run a application with user different to "Superuser" the application give me the following error: "Memory Fault - Core Dump". What's that mean? Thank you in advance. Roberto Veras. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robertoveras
1 Replies

2. Programming

Memory fault(coredump)

Dear All, I made a program which do some simple jobs like reading data from other process's shared memory and writing messages to the queues of other process. what happens is my program works fine and do all the task as expected but then then program ends it give Memory fault(coredump). I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralo
0 Replies

3. Programming

memory fault

When I excute a program . It seems to generate an error : memory fault (core dump ) So how can i (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory fault in ql session

Hi, Am getting memory fault when i start ql session in SCO unix server. Can any one suggest the way to solve this issue. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: param_it
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Memory fault(coredump)

Hey guys, I am new to the Linux world and have a question to post. When I ssh from a HP-UX machine to a ubuntu machine I get the following error message Memory fault(coredump) i.e. ssh 192.168.1.3 I get this message as shown below Memory fault(coredump) Can someone please explain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fkaba81
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql memory fault

I (think I) installed MYSQL on a Red Hat box. When I try to start mysql I get a memory fault error. Any ideas on how to fix this? Here is some info that might help: My distro info $ cat /proc/version Linux version 2.4.21-40.ELsmp (bhcompile@hs20-bc1-7 .build.redhat.com) (gcc version 3.2.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsetchell
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setui(0) memory fault

Hi i have this code that used to wrok fine in unix mp-ras. After the migration to linux suse i recompiled the script and now when it is executed i get a Memory fault (coredump) message. Does anybody knows why' what should I change? tks SCRIPT #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page Fault + Memory

I am not sure where to post this so i will put it in the newbie section. I have set up a bog standard debain 6, LAMP environment in the cloud. The specs 1 core at 2GH 2.5gb Memory running Jommla, with about 1.6K visitors a day. I am using AppFirst (appfirst.com) to monitor the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waseem
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Memory fault(coredump)

I am writing a program that copies a program and prints the program with a line count. this is the program I wrote: #include <stdio.h> main() { int c; int nl_cnt = 0; while((c = getchar()) != EOF){ if(c = '\n'){ nl_cnt++;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heywoodfloyd
3 Replies

10. Solaris

M4000 Memory Fault

Hi Guys and Gals, Does anyone know how to track down a faulty DIMM on the memory board of an M4000? showhardconf tells me which board it is, but was wondering if there was a way to track it down to a DIMM? Thanks in advance Martin (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)				     systemd-machine-id-setup				       SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-setup - Initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-setup DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-setup may be used by system installer tools to initialize the machine ID stored in /etc/machine-id at install time with a randomly generated ID. See machine-id(5) for more information about this file. This tool will execute no operation if /etc/machine-id is already initialized. If a valid D-Bus machine ID is already configured for the system, the D-Bus machine ID is copied and used to initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id. If run inside a KVM virtual machine and a UUID is passed via the -uuid option, this UUID is used to initialize the machine ID instead of a randomly generated one. The caller must ensure that the UUID passed is sufficiently unique and is different for every booted instanced of the VM. Similarly, if run inside a Linux container environment and a UUID is set for the container this is used to initialize the machine ID. For details see the documentation of the Container Interface[1]. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --version Prints a short version string and exits. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), machine-id(5), dbus-uuidgen(1) NOTES
1. Container Interface http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface systemd 208 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)