Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot find TA#105312
Operating Systems SCO Cannot find TA#105312 Post 302358032 by p.vvugt on Thursday 1st of October 2009 07:12:05 AM
Old 10-01-2009
Cannot find TA#105312

Hello,

I have an issue with a server running SCO Openserver 5.0.6. I looked at the Technical Articles at SCO Support site, and there I was suggested to look for TA # 105312, "How do I mount boot and root filesystems using the SCO OpenServer 5 Boot Disk?"

But when I search for this TA-number nothing will be found.

Does anyone here have this article or a manual how to mount boot and root using the SCO Boot Disk?

Thanks,
Patrick

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit weired : Find files in UNIX w/o using find or where command

Yes , I have to find a file in unix without using any find or where commands.Any pointers for the same would be very helpful as i am beginner in shell scritping and need a solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards Jatin Jain (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

5. Linux

Simplified find command to find multiple file types

Hi, I'm using the following command to find the multiple requierd file types and its working fine find . -name "*.pl" -o -name "*.pm" -o -name "*.sql" -o -name "*.so" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.java" -o -name "*.class" -o -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.gz" -o -name "*.Z" -type f Though... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: missing argument to `-exec' while redirecting using find in perl

Hi Friends, Please help me to sort out this problem, I am running this in centos o/s and whenever I run this script I am getting "find: missing argument to `-exec' " but when I run the same code in the command line I didn't find any problem. I am using perl script to run this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumarselvam
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find string1, when true find string2 in reverse direction

Hello, This is a bit complicated for me. My scenario in MyFile: Search string1, When string1 is found, grep the line containing string1, go back over that line in upward direction and grep the first line containing string2. Here is an example: MyFile His email address... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
17 Replies
Sys::Utmp::Utent(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Sys::Utmp::Utent(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Utmp::Utent - represent a single utmp entry SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Utmp; my $utmp = Sys::Utmp->new(); while ( my $utent = $utmp->getutent() ) { if ( $utent->user_process ) { print $utent->ut_user," "; } } $utmp->endutent; DESCRIPTION
As described in the Sys::Utmp documentation the getutent method returns an object of the type Sys::Utmp::Utent which provides methods for accessing the fields in the utmp record. There are also methods for determining the type of the record. The access methods relate to the common names for the members of the C struct utent - those provided are the superset from the Gnu implementation and may not be available on all systems: where they are not they will return the empty string. ut_user Returns the use this record was created for if this is a record for a user process. Some systems may return other information depending on the record type. If no user was set this will be the empty string. If tainting is switched on with the '-T' switch to perl then this will be 'tainted' as it is possible that the user name came from an untrusted source. ut_id The identifier for this record - it might be the inittab tag or some other system dependent value. ut_line For user process records this will be the name of the terminalor line that the user is connected on. ut_pid The process ID of the process that created this record. ut_type The type of the record this will have a value corresponding to one of the constants (not all of these may be available on all systems and there may well be others which should be described in the getutent manpage or in /usr/include/utmp.h ) : ACCOUNTING - record was created for system accounting purposes. BOOT_TIME - the record was created at boot time. DEAD_PROCESS - The process that created this record has terminated. EMPTY - record probably contains no other useful information. INIT_PROCESS - this is a record for process created by init. LOGIN_PROCESS - this record was created for a login process (e.g. getty). NEW_TIME - record created when the system time has been set. OLD_TIME - record recording the old tme when the system time has been set. RUN_LVL - records the time at which the current run level was started. USER_PROCESS - record created for a user process (e.g. a login ) for convenience Sys::Utmp::Utent provides methods which are lower case versions of the constant names which return true if the record is of that type. ut_host On systems which support this the method will return the hostname of the host for which the process that created the record was started - for example for a telnet login. If taint checking has been turned on (with the -T switch to perl ) then this value will be tainted as it is possible that a remote user will be in control of the DNS for the machine they have logged in from. ( see perlsec for more on tainting ) ut_time The time in epoch seconds wt which the record was created. BUGS
Probably. This module has been tested on Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD ,SCO Openserver and SCO UnixWare and found to work on those platforms. If you have difficulty building the module or it doesnt behave as expected then please contact the author including if appropriate your /usr/include/utmp.h AUTHOR
Jonathan Stowe, <jns@gellyfish.com> LICENCE
This Software is Copyright Jonathan Stowe 2001-2006 This Software is published as-is with no warranty express or implied. This is free software and can be distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl. Sys::Utmp::Utent perl v5.14.2 2006-10-13 Sys::Utmp::Utent(3pm)