Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Fedora booting in text mode (screen messes up) Post 302357877 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 10:51:02 PM
Old 09-30-2009
What graphics card have you got? nVidia?

Which version of Fedora?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Machine is booting to maintenance mode.

I had a power failure the other day and when my relatively new Solaris 10 machine rebooted it is thrown into maintenance mode. I've found the following lines in the /var/adm/messages file, I'm assuming this is the root cause of the problem. However, I don't have the slightest idea on how to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheetobandito
9 Replies

2. SuSE

Convet Linux OS from text mode to graphic mode

Hi All, I used to have my suse linux(VM) server in graphic mode but not anymore since morning. I cant rolback since i loose somuch work. Any idea how to it back to normal. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
6 Replies

3. BSD

OpenBSD downgrades HDD transfer mode, I want to upgrade it WITHOUT BOOTING

Hi, I have a crappy hard disk and am trying to back up stuff from it onto my newer hopefully less crappy disk. There are dead sectors on the disk and some files can't be read (at all) so OpenBSD downgrades the transfer mode down until PIO mode 4. I noticed the transfer speed slowing down... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiori_musicali
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Grub screen issue while booting......

Hi Gurus..... My system is dual boot, having Win XP & Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. Initially I use to boot linux by pressing "tab" key, which was showing me two OS listed in Grub. Since last few days, I'm not able to get that grub screen even if I press "tab" or any key while my system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problem booting Fedora 11 x86_64

Hi, I am having booting issue with Fedora 11 x86_64 (64-bit version) on my laptop. Laptop configuration is as below: OS : Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0 GHz RAM : 4 GB Tried following different way for installation: 1. Installed Fedora 11 on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r2kv2k
2 Replies

6. Solaris

System booting to maintenance mode

Hi Guys, I have a sunblade 1500. I booted the system and it booted to maintenance mode. How can I fix this? Thanks lots (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
8 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Screen saver mode at work

Hi, At work, the PC Windows 7 goes to screen saver mode after 10 minutes. I don't have access to change that. It's grayed out for me. After 10 minutes, the IM will say " AWAY" and my email status will say " AWAY ". Email and IM both are from Microsoft. My question is there any work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

[Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode

Hi Guys Required help in Redhat 6.1. After installation of Redhat 6.1 in VMware system is not going in GUI mode. please to solve the issue... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
5 Replies
gfx_mode_select(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					  gfx_mode_select(3alleg4)

NAME
gfx_mode_select - Displays the Allegro graphics mode selection dialog. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int gfx_mode_select(int *card, int *w, int *h); DESCRIPTION
Displays the Allegro graphics mode selection dialog, which allows the user to select a screen mode and graphics card. The initial values at the addresses provided by card, w, and h are used as the default selections in the dialog if they are found in the driver and mode lists. If they are not found then the initial selections will be the first in each list. If you wish to ensure that the initial selection is always the first entry, then initialize the data at the addresses passed to the function to the value of 0 or -1. If the dialog is OK'd, it stores the selections at the addresses passed to the function. RETURN VALUE
See the gfx_mode_select_filter function for the return values. SEE ALSO
gfx_mode_select_ex(3alleg4), gfx_mode_select_filter(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 gfx_mode_select(3alleg4)