Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting writing the output of SQL into one file Post 302357793 by basher on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 02:51:43 PM
Old 09-30-2009
If your working on Unix/Linux you can use HERE Documents in a shell script, like this:

#!/bin/bash

( sqlclient user@password << EOF

Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_A group by Client_id;
Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_B group by Client_id;

disconn
EOF
) > query_op_file

If both the queries don't give desired output into the file, then get the output individually and then:

cat 2nd_query_op_file >> 1st_query_op_file (appends output of 2nd query to the first one)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Writing to a File using pl/sql

Hi I am new to using pl/sql on a unix platform and am having trouble writing to a file from within a block. Below is an example of the code that I have. I know that I need to use UTL_FILE to accomplish this; however, I keep getting errors. Can someone please help me? I am trying to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stky13
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing output into different files while processing file using AWK

Hi, I am trying to do the following using AWK program. 1. Read the input data file 2. Parse the record and see if it contains errors 3. If the record contains errors, then write it into Reject file, else, write into usual output file or display it on the screen Here is what I have done -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyak
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing sql results to file using ksh -nevermind

I'm having problems with writing my sql results to a file: sqlplus -S username/password@DB <<!! set echo off set verify off set showmode off set feedback off set timing off set linesize 250 set wrap off set pagesize 0 set newpage none set tab off set trimspool on set colsep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To create a file writing a SQL into it from another file

Hi, I have a file in which I have database information along with 1 SELECT statement. Only 1 statement would be there. I want to grep this SELECT STATEMENT only and write into a separate file. Input File format: Database_Name:<database> Schema_Name:<schema> Table_Name:<table> Select *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a script that will take the first line from each file and store it in an output file

Hi, I have 1000 files names data1.txt through data1000.txt inside a folder. I want to write a script that will take each first line from the files and write them as output into a new file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat writing only one record in the output file

Hi All, I have an input file containing data as below: Input.DAT XXXXXXX|YYYYYYY|ZZZZZZZZZZ|12334446456|B|YY|111111111|111111111|111111111|111111111|15|3|NNNNNN|Y|3|AAA|111111111... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar.cumar
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing output to a file in columns

Hi I am trying to write output to a file in columns I have file in the follwoing: # cat file abc def # I am trying to write next output as like # cat file abc 123 def 345 # :mad: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting output with sed without writing to a file

HI I am trying to grep 3 characters from hostname and append a character at the end. I tried as in the following: root@abag3:~# hostname | cut -c1-3 hyu Now I am trying to append "g" at the end of this output as in the following. root@abag3:~# hostname | cut -c1-3 | sed -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output when writing to file

Hello, I am having problem while redirecting output to a file where as on console output is proper. for dir in */; do printf "%s, " "$dir"; ls -m "$dir"; echo; done > output.txt Output of above command is coming in single line but when i am redirecting output to a file, single line i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manoj Rajput
10 Replies
IO::Select(3pm) 					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					   IO::Select(3pm)

NAME
IO::Select - OO interface to the select system call SYNOPSIS
use IO::Select; $s = IO::Select->new(); $s->add(*STDIN); $s->add($some_handle); @ready = $s->can_read($timeout); @ready = IO::Select->new(@handles)->can_read(0); DESCRIPTION
The "IO::Select" package implements an object approach to the system "select" function call. It allows the user to see what IO handles, see IO::Handle, are ready for reading, writing or have an exception pending. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [ HANDLES ] ) The constructor creates a new object and optionally initialises it with a set of handles. METHODS
add ( HANDLES ) Add the list of handles to the "IO::Select" object. It is these values that will be returned when an event occurs. "IO::Select" keeps these values in a cache which is indexed by the "fileno" of the handle, so if more than one handle with the same "fileno" is specified then only the last one is cached. Each handle can be an "IO::Handle" object, an integer or an array reference where the first element is an "IO::Handle" or an integer. remove ( HANDLES ) Remove all the given handles from the object. This method also works by the "fileno" of the handles. So the exact handles that were added need not be passed, just handles that have an equivalent "fileno" exists ( HANDLE ) Returns a true value (actually the handle itself) if it is present. Returns undef otherwise. handles Return an array of all registered handles. can_read ( [ TIMEOUT ] ) Return an array of handles that are ready for reading. "TIMEOUT" is the maximum amount of time to wait before returning an empty list, in seconds, possibly fractional. If "TIMEOUT" is not given and any handles are registered then the call will block. can_write ( [ TIMEOUT ] ) Same as "can_read" except check for handles that can be written to. has_exception ( [ TIMEOUT ] ) Same as "can_read" except check for handles that have an exception condition, for example pending out-of-band data. count () Returns the number of handles that the object will check for when one of the "can_" methods is called or the object is passed to the "select" static method. bits() Return the bit string suitable as argument to the core select() call. select ( READ, WRITE, EXCEPTION [, TIMEOUT ] ) "select" is a static method, that is you call it with the package name like "new". "READ", "WRITE" and "EXCEPTION" are either "undef" or "IO::Select" objects. "TIMEOUT" is optional and has the same effect as for the core select call. The result will be an array of 3 elements, each a reference to an array which will hold the handles that are ready for reading, writing and have exceptions respectively. Upon error an empty list is returned. EXAMPLE
Here is a short example which shows how "IO::Select" could be used to write a server which communicates with several sockets while also listening for more connections on a listen socket use IO::Select; use IO::Socket; $lsn = IO::Socket::INET->new(Listen => 1, LocalPort => 8080); $sel = IO::Select->new( $lsn ); while(@ready = $sel->can_read) { foreach $fh (@ready) { if($fh == $lsn) { # Create a new socket $new = $lsn->accept; $sel->add($new); } else { # Process socket # Maybe we have finished with the socket $sel->remove($fh); $fh->close; } } } AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perlbug@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 IO::Select(3pm)