Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to change the order of authentication in aix? Post 302357734 by balaji_prk on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 12:47:52 PM
Old 09-30-2009
How to change the order of authentication in aix?

I have an AIX system configured as NIS client.

I have an local user on the system called "batman" and i have a user by the same name in NIS as well.

Now when i try to login with Batman user, the local batman gets in.

How do I tell the AIX machine to authenticate Batman as NIS user?

Things work out if I just delete the local user.

Bala

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the order of a string ?

Hi , I want to change the order of a string using sed command . Is it possible ? $echo "abc123xyz" | sed 's/\()*\) \(*\)/\2\1/' abc123xyz $ echo "abc123xyz" |sed 's/\()*\) \(*\) \()*\)/\2\1\3/' abc123xyz I want to change the string , abc123xyz as xyz123abc . Is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajavu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change many columns position/order

Hi everyone, Please some help over here. (I´m using cygwing) I have files with 40 columns and 2000 lines in average. I´m trying to change the order position as follow. Original columns position:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change order

Good evening I have a file as below and want to change the order, as in the second column, sed awk Pearl Thanks aaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbb cccccccc aaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbb cccccccc aaaaaaaaaa cccccccc bbbbbbbbb aaaaaaaaaa cccccccc bbbbbbbbb (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Novice-
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl- Nested 'for' order change

Hello, I'm quite new to perl so my question is rather basic and I know there is probably a simple way around it but I can't seem to find it. I have a medium-length code and there is a part that works with a nested for loop: foreach my $j(@primpiddelta){ for (my $k=1;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acsg
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change order

I have inside a file 22 25 80 111 631 694 861 875 I need this in the form using awk or sed 22,25,80,111,631,694,861,875 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change service order

hi guys I have a service that depends on some shares (NFS shares ) that need to be mounted before before the service start so the service-app finds the NFS shares and starts correctly... I am confused here this is what I found but I am not sure what to do in order to change it BTW is Suse... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Why does output order change?

I have this END section in an awk script: END { for (j in littlebin) { print (j, int(log(j)/log(2)) , littlebin) lbsum+=littlebin } for (i in bins) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change of fields order inline

Hi everyone, What is the best solution to check every line in the xml file and change order of found field along with its value without touching value. Pattern will be given i.e. one line can look like this one: <widget position="value,value" size="value,value" name="value"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiedCone
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change row by order nr?

Hello, I have a file with thousands of rows and I need to change sequence of lines. Sample file: #NAME #SERVICE 112233 #DESCRIPTION AABBCCDD #SERVICE 738292 #DESCRIPTION FFYYRRTT ... ... ... Desired output: #NAME (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
5 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
userdel(1M)															       userdel(1M)

NAME
userdel - delete a user login from the system SYNOPSIS
alternate_password_file] login DESCRIPTION
The command deletes a user login from the system by modifying the appropriate login related files. The command requires the login argument. login is the name to be deleted, specified as a string of printable characters. It may not con- tain a colon or a newline Refer to usergroupname(5) to understand the functionality changes with the Numeric User Group Name feature. Options recognizes the following options: The home directory of login is removed from the system. This directory must exist. Following the successful execution of this command, none of the files and directories under the home directory will be available. If a user is deleted and the home directory is shared by others, then this directory is not deleted even with the option. Force the changes, even if the login is currently in use. Specify that the changes are being made to the alternate password file of NIS specified by the option. The and options should not be used with this option. Specify the path of the alternate password file of NIS. The option is used with the option. In the event where a directory is shared by users of the same group and the owner of that directory is deleted, then the ownership of that directory is propagated to the next user who is sharing that directory. The new owner is determined by looking at the order in which the users sharing this directory are added to the file. If there is only one user remaining then the directory is brought back to unshared mode by resetting the permissions to from NIS This command is aware of NIS user and group entries. Only local users and groups may be deleted or modified with this command. Attempts to delete or modify NIS users or groups will result in an error. NIS users and groups must be administered from the NIS server. The com- mand may fail with the error (return value 6) if the user specified is an NIS user (see passwd(4)). The error (return value 10) is returned if a local user belongs to an NIS group (see group(4)). NFS Errors may occur with the option if the affected directory is within an NFS mounted file system that does not allow root privileges across the NFS mount, and the directory or files within the directory do not have sufficient permissions. RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: Successful completion. Invalid command syntax. Invalid argument supplied to an option. The login to be removed does not exist. The login to be removed is in use. Cannot modify the file, but the login was removed from the file. Unable to remove or modify the home directory. Unable to open file or file is non-existent. file or file busy. Another command may be modifying the file. Cannot delete entry from file. Out of memory. Invalid template file. EXAMPLES
Remove the user from the system: Remove the user from the system and delete home directory from the system: WARNINGS
Because many users may try to write the file simultaneously, a password locking mechanism was devised. If this locking fails after subse- quent retrying, terminates. FILES
Shadow Password file System Password file System group file Lock file used when updating password file SEE ALSO
passwd(1), users(1), groupadd(1M), groupdel(1M), groupmod(1M), logins(1M), useradd(1M), usermod(1M), group(4), passwd(4), shadow(4), user- groupname(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
userdel(1M)