Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris NTP force system time in the past Post 302357700 by jlliagre on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 11:53:16 AM
Old 09-30-2009
You probably would rather fix you "mall applikation", whatever that be.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TIME SYNC (NTP)

Is there a utility which offers the ability to utilize NTP to sync time on machine. If so please point to man page or web site (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

past login still exist in the system

hi, i noticed that there are still past logins which have not been terminated. how should i removed them? i am on aix. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
9 Replies

3. HP-UX

NTP time

Is anyone familiar with adding NTP timing to a HPUX 10 OS? Thanks Brian (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Past Time

Dear UNIX Folks, I guess everyone of us like to know what sysadmin typically do during his free time. Not what he/she likes as an hobbies.. but what activities does he/she often indulge in other than facing the monitor. Maybe we can come up this a better stereo-typed for sysadmin. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you force local NTP server to be accepted as "suitable"?

Is there some way to force the NTP server on a brand-new install to be "suitable" to sync other servers from? (I'm more concerned with synchronization between machines, and less concerned with what the actual time they sync to is) For example, whenever I install fresh from the Fedora DVDs and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

6. Linux

How often does Linux NTP server update its time with the external NTP server?

All here, thank you for listening. Now I've set up a Linux NTP server by adding a external windows NTP server in /etc/ntp.conf. Then I start the ntpd daemon. But how often does the Linux NTP server update its time with the external NTP server? I've looked up everywhere but found no information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MichaelLi
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

ntp time synchronization

hello all,, am trying to do a time synchronization between a ntp server and a client, but facing some problems in doing so: i run the ntpdate in debug mode and this is what i got. please help me out.. # ntpd -d -u 172.22.1.207 ntpd 4.2.2p1@1.1570-o Sun Aug 28 19:21:03 UTC 2011 (1)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul11c
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get past 30 mins time in Solaris?

Hi guys, could you help to find a way to get the past 30 mins time in solaris. version: bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS solaris 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc I had tried the following ways, it works fine in GNU Linux, but doesn't work in Solaris. # date Tue Apr 2 01:01:49 CST... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambious
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

From past 10 days my one job is taking lots of time

One of my job is taking long running time. I need to identify from the unix log file can you please help how to troubleshoot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

10. AIX

NTP time problem

I got an ntp time problem on AIX server. os version is AIX7.1 OS LEVEL 7.1.0.0 i got below output,when i run the below command bash-3.2# ntpdate -dv XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 4 Dec 12:50:49 ntpdate: 3.4y transmit(xxxxxxxxx) receive(xxxxxxxxx) transmit(xxxxxxxx) receive(xxxxxxxxx)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali969
9 Replies
ntp-wait(1)							   User Commands						       ntp-wait(1)

NAME
ntp-wait - Wait for ntpd to stabilize the system clock SYNOPSIS
ntp-wait [-flags] [-flag [value]] [--option-name[[=| ]value]] All arguments must be options. DESCRIPTION
ntp-wait will send at most num-tries queries to ntpd(8), sleeping for secs-between-tries after each status return that says ntpd(8) has not yet produced a synchronized and stable system clock. ntp-wait will do this quietly, unless the -v flag is provided. This can be useful at boot time, to delay the boot sequence until after ntpd -g has set the time. OPTIONS
-n number, --tries=number Number of times to check ntpd. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default number for this option is: 100 The maximum number of times we will check ntpd to see if it has been able to synchronize and stabilize the system clock. -s secs-between-tries, --sleep=secs-between-tries How long to sleep between tries. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default secs-between-tries for this option is: 6 We will sleep for secs-between-tries after each query of ntpd that returns "the time is not yet stable". -v, --verbose Be verbose. By default, ntp-wait is silent. With this option, ntp-wait will provide status information. -?, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Pass the extended usage information through a pager. -v [{v|c|n --version [{v|c|n}]}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. EXIT STATUS
One of the following exit values will be returned: 0 (EXIT_SUCCESS) Successful program execution. 1 (EXIT_FAILURE) The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid. 70 (EX_SOFTWARE) libopts had an internal operational error. Please report it to autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Thank you. AUTHORS
Harlan Stenn NOTES
This document corresponds to version 4.2.8p13 of NTP. This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the ntp-wait option definitions. ntp (4.2.8p13) 20 Feb 2019 ntp-wait(1)