Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Securing remote connections
Operating Systems Linux Securing remote connections Post 302357579 by AlbertGM on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 07:48:57 AM
Old 09-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
You can use the AllowUsers directive of sshd_config
Thanks Radar,
I'll try it. I hope it makes first question answered!!

Any response in second one?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

securing a remote box

someone has access to my server... I've got a solaris 7 box with remote access only. many of the services don't have passwords and someone recently messed with the shadow file -the root: line was changed: . password field was changed to NP . the number after that was changed too The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphiengollie
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Securing arguments

OK here is my problem. Ive been trying to write a script where i use the order "find". For example if i wont to find some file in the sql_work directory using the script. You use the command: loc sql_work "q*" in order to find all the queries in the directory. Is there any other way to do it,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
0 Replies

3. AIX

securing a shell

I would like to secure a shell script from being broken out of with Ctrl-C or equivalent. Once a user logs in, he should not be able to exit to the command prompt. any ideas. Thank you J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to open remote connections

Hello everybody, This is an unusual problem that I am facing on my Solaris 9 on Sun Blade 150 workstation. I can ping remote machines (outside subnet) but I can't open up a connection/port on those machines. For example, `ping ftp.xyz.com` gives ftp.xyz.com is alive but if I do a `ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: red_crab
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Securing Passwords

Hi All, I'd like to give you an example of what I am trying to achieve and perhaps you might be able to help me along. I would like to add the following criteria to new servers, from a password aging and lockout standpoint. -Number of failed logins before lockout: = 5 -Number of Passwords... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkono
1 Replies

6. BSD

Remote connections unable after power falls

Hi everyone: I have a server used for testing running FreeBSD, last weekend we had power cuts in my job and our server was constantly rebooting. since then the network connections are very slow, it's almost impossible establish a remote connection with the server, however running any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
2 Replies

7. AIX

Securing AIX

Guys, i want to securing AIX after install by scratch. Is anybody can inform about the standard port which used by AIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michlix
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

See AIX server remote connections

Good morning, Is there any command to view remote conxiones an AIX server? Thank you very much and best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: systemoper
1 Replies
LMTPD(8)                                                      System Manager's Manual                                                     LMTPD(8)

NAME
lmtpd - LMTP server process SYNOPSIS
lmtpd [ -C config-file ] [ -U uses ] [ -T timeout ] [ -D ] [ -a ] DESCRIPTION
Lmtpd is an LMTP server used to deliver mail to the IMAP mailstore. It accepts commands on its standard input and responds on its standard output. It MUST be invoked by cyrmaster(8) with those descriptors attached to a remote client connection. Lmtpd reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -U uses The maximum number of times that the process should be used for new connections before shutting down. The default is 250. -T timeout The number of seconds that the process will wait for a new connection before shutting down. Note that a value of 0 (zero) will dis- able the timeout. The default is 60. -D Run external debugger specified in debug_command. -a Preauthorize connections initiated on an internet socket, instead of requiring LMTP AUTH. This should only be used for connections coming from trusted hosts. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
imapd.conf(5), cyrmaster(8) CMU Project Cyrus LMTPD(8)