Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory NFSv4 on Netapp and Redhat 5.3 as Client Post 302357561 by achenle on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 07:18:23 AM
Old 09-30-2009
What is the reason you want to use NFSv4? If you don't have problems with NFSv3 and you don't have a good reason where you have to use NFSv4, just use NFSv3.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Use DFM Netapp 3.01 R1 on Solaris 8

I have this problem when i integrate a new san switch in DFM 3.01 R1 : dfm fcswitch add switchname1 Error: Host switchname2 (11197) already exists. switchname2 is a similar san switch but in another fabric, switchname2 is already integrated in DFM database. Bests Regards Olivier (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omainfroy
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to configure a Redhat 9.0 as NIS+ client

I would like to know how to configure a Redhat 9.0 as NIS+ client. I have seen the post of larry, but it is not enough information for me to do the configuration. Could anyone tell me how to do it? Please help! Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexhon
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

netapp security

Hi all Background some of the users shuold have access to a folder on the netapp and for other users the access should be denied Question How can I doing that ? Thanks at advance Sam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skfn1203
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Getting NFSv4 prompt when installing bootable DVD

Hi, I've created a bootable DVD which works fine for earlier versions of Solaris 10 (6/06) and Solaris 9. But now i've moved to Solaris 10 8/07 and I am getting the NFSv4 prompt at login. Initially i thought i could surpress this by adding the line nfs4_domain=dynamic to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: declanryan
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Using Redhat VIA SSH client.

Alright, I'm not really sure how to say this, since my professor didn't really understand what I was saying, but we have a project in my operating systems class, and what we have to do is create a linux IPC, so I'm using the msgget(), msgsnd(), msgrcv() functions. Now, I run a Windows machine, so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blind melon
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Redhat nfs client hangs after 5 minutes

New at NFS. 3 machines at hand 1 RedHat nfs Client which is connected to a spectrometer (chemistry Instrument): # uname -a Linux BH083108 2.6.9-78.0.17.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Mar 5 04:52:17 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux # cat /proc/version Linux version 2.6.9-78.0.17.ELsmp... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpg4815
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL (POSIX and NFSv4) Support over NFS shared drives on different Unix platforms

Hello, I have a question regarding ACLs and their availability across different Unix platforms via NFS share. If I have an AIX/FreeBSD/Solaris/HP-UX client that has an nfs share from a different system mounted on it, will the ACLs on the nfs share be processed properly? My guess is that as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
2 Replies

8. AIX

Netapp iscsi lun

Hi, I have aix 6.1 box. I want to configure iscsi luns from netapp storage. I tried in google but not getting proper solution for that. i m not getting the proper iqn name. Please share me the steps to complete this requirements. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

9. AIX

Migrating NFSv3 to NFSv4 in AIX

Hello, I worked on setting up NFSv3 and NFSv4 (novice) shares separately. I was trying to find a way to migrate existing NFSv3 fileshares to NFSv4 as is. I found a redbook online called "Securing NFS in AIX". It has good info. I am able to create a new NFSv4 share, do not know how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies
NFS4MAPID(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      NFS4MAPID(8)

NAME
nfs4mapid -- shows NFSv4 mappings from uids or gids to over the wire string names and string names to uids or gids. SYNOPSIS
nfs4mapid [-G] string name nfs4mapid [-G] GUID nfs4mapid -u uid nfs4mapid -g gid DESCRIPTION
In the first form, nfs4mapid shows translations from NFSv4 string representations of users, and with the -G option, groups, to the corre- sponding local uids and gids. In the second form shows the translations from opendirectoy GUIDS to NFSv4 strings. The well known strings names (which are distinguished by a trailing '@' ), such as "OWNER@" and "GROUP@" are represented locally by GUIDs and may not map to uids or gids. To map those GUIDS to NFSv4 strings use this form. The first form can be used to map the well known ids to GUIDs. nfs4mapid does this by looking at the trailing '@' sign. Note that NFSv4 well known names are always groups and are used in ACEs. In the third form, it shows the mapping from uids to the NFSv4 user@domain form. Similarly, in the last form it shows the mapping from gids to the NFSv4 group@domain. nfs4mapid will also show the intermediate GUID translation if used. The NFSv4 domain name should be set with dscl(1). See opendirectory(8) for instructions. -G Map an NFSv4 string to a gid. -u Map a uid to an NFSv4 user@domain string. -g Map a gid to an NFSv4 group@domain string. NOTES
nfs4mapid uses a privileged nfs client system call to pass the translation request down to the kernel, so results will be the same as a request coming from an NFSv4 server. Because of this, nfs4mapid must be run with root privileges. SEE ALSO
dscl(1), nfs(5), opendirectoryd(8), mount_nfs(8), HISTORY
The nfs4mapid utility first appeared in OSX 10.10 BSD
February 20, 2014 BSD