Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: svm configure in vmware
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers svm configure in vmware Post 302357427 by kurva on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 09:09:10 PM
Old 09-29-2009
svm configure in vmware

Smilie Hi Friends,

I am planning to learn and implement SVM in my vmware i created 4 disks, now i want to configure any raid in solaris, can any one suggest me the best link and tell me how to convert my disk into svm format and start configuring.

Tks in Advance..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change the name in SVM

gurus, i have configured the LUN's in solaris 10.after labeled the disk,i have added the disk into one of the soft partition using metattach d0 c5t1000d10s6.actully before that i should confiure the powermt and than i should have add metattch d0 emcpowerc2.i forget to do that and increased... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM question

I am trying to set up a new server. It has 8 HD's in it. I am using 2 for the system disk. IE set one up mirror to the other. I am using the other 6 as data disks. For those I want to concat 3 together, mirror to the other 3 (also concated together of course) and then make various soft... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SVM doubt

i have taken two separate disk A and B created 4 slices in each A b s4 s4 s5 s5 s6 s6 s7 s7 took slices s4 of A and slice s6 0f B ---created a meta device d0 took slices s4 of B and slice s6 0f A---created a meta device d1 created main mirror d2 using d0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVM

How to list out multiple Disk sets in SVM # metaset -s <disksetname> --- This will list out only one diskset but I need a list of disk sets configured for the node. Is there any command,please let me know ... Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramath
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is interlace value in SVM?

Hi All, I want to know what is the Interlace value in SVM and what is the need of this ? regards, prashant (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Fsck with SVM

Hello I want to ask that how to mount and run fsck in SVM disk.In my scenario if i have to disks c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 these two disks are in Mirroring (raid1) if i want to run fsck on the disks than below are the right steps? ok boot cdrom -s mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a cd /a fsck... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnybravo
3 Replies

7. Linux

Unable to configure in VMWARE

Hi All, I installed Red-hat linux(64bit-x86) os on vmware 8,configure IP address and services but it is unable to come in to network.it is production server. please provide solution to me , it is very urgent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to configure in redhat linux on vmware?

Hi All, I installed Red-hat linux(64bit-x86) os on vmware 8,configure IP address and services but it is unable to come in to network.it is production server. please provide solution to me , it is very urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to configure redhat clusters on VMWARE?

I'm using redhat 5.1 installed on VMware work station9. Can you guys help me to configure redhat clusters. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure network connectivity as guest O.S under vmware

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question. What I did was to download vmware onto my laptop, them install a linux distro as a guest O.S., on VM network configuration I have used "bridge", them I used Virtual Network Editor to chose the network interface, but as I write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies
VMWARE-HGFSCLIENT(1)						   Open VM Tools					      VMWARE-HGFSCLIENT(1)

NAME
vmware-hgfsclient - hgfs client access SYNOPSIS
vmware-hgfsclient DESCRIPTION
This is a simple console application and can be run as any user. vmware-hgfsclient is a userspace HGFS client implementation. It will prob- ably one day become a full featured HGFS filesystem driver. OPTIONS
vmware-hgfsclient has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmware-hgfsclient and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMWARE-HGFSCLIENT(1)