Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 Post 302357283 by pupp on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 09:41:40 AM
Old 09-29-2009
you need a brandZ zone. its the only way to deploy sol9 on this type of server. take a look at the previous post's link to this information.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun enterprise 420R boot issue

Hi, I am using sun enterprise 420R server. Problem is on the monitor i am not able to see anything. I tried Serial connection, on terminal(using serial) i could see that POST(power on start tests) tests are being done, after that "timeout waiting for arp rarp packet" message keep displaying... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkittu009
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
GETZONE(1)							      getzone								GETZONE(1)

NAME
getzone - get dns zone from server DESCRIPTION
getzone transfers a user-specified dns zone from a zone server and displays it in csv1 format on the standard output. This program is here for compatibility with older setups that use getzone to get zone files; newer setups may wish to consider using the fetchzone tool to obtain csv2-compatible zone files. USAGE
getzone zone_name zone_server_IP [query_class] OPTIONS
zone_name Name of the dns zone to be transferred. zone_server_IP IP address of dns server query_class Optional argument which can change the query class from 1 (the default) to 255. This may be needed for some versions of Bind. EXAMPLES
To obtain the zone example.com from the server 192.168.9.8: getzone example.com 192.168.9.8 To obtain the zone example.org from the server 10.9.8.78 using a query class of 255: getzone example.com 10.9.8.78 255 SEE ALSO
The man pages maradns(8) and csv1(5) http://www.maradns.org LEGAL DISCLAIMER
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHORS ''AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. AUTHOR
MaraDNS is written by Sam Trenholme. Jaakko Niemi used 5 minutes to put this manpage together. Sam has subsequently made revisions to this manpage. October 2001 getzone GETZONE(1)