Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extracting the ip address from ifconfig Post 302357274 by danmero on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 09:01:10 AM
Old 09-29-2009
awk can grep, no UUOC required.
Please post the output of
Code:
/sbin/ifconfig eth0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ifconfig bad address

hi all iam trying to set my eri0 interface but with little luck . when i set the ip using ipconfig i always get "bad adress".. moreover when i use ifconfig eri0 i can notice that the inet is 0.0.0.0 and the netmask 0 i am runnig solaris 9 on sparc . any helpis highly appreciated ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Setting primary ip address with ifconfig

Hello, I have a server with two ip addresses. I need to make the ip address that's currently the secondary the primary. How do I use the ifconfig command and primary option? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmichner
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

ifconfig: ce401001: bad address

HI All, My interface card has failed.If i am giving the command to uplumb it i am getting an error. ce401001: flags=219040843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DEPRECATED,IPv4,NOFAILOVER,FAILED,CoS> mtu 1500 index 3 inet 10.188.24.18 netmask ffffffc0 broadcast 10.188.24.63 # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting email address using basename

Is it possible to use a variable as the delimiter using basename? I have a num variable that will be changing in the filename now. The files could looke like this my.email.address@mydomain.com.VL010600_474 my.email.address@mydomain.com.VL020600_474... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drenhead
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how grep the inet address for in ifconfig command

hi, i want to know how to grep inet address for below below is the output of ifconfig command /home/JA> ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:11:0A:5B:2E:E9 inet addr:161.239.203.18 Bcast:161.239.203.127 Mask:255.255.255.128 UP BROADCAST RUNNING... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep only IP address of e1000g0 using ifconfig -a

Hello All, Can someone show me how to cat "only the IP address of e1000g0" using ifconfig -a. i am trying to grep only the ip address (xx.xx.xx.xx) from the bunch of all other things like, broadcast address, IPV4, UP........and so on. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get IP address from ifconfig

I'm a newbie to linux, so pleases forgive me! I would like to find a script that I could use to extract a dynamic ip from the ppp0 and set it as a variable to be used in IPTables basically, if ppp0 ip address is 10.10.10.20, I would like a script that would set a var to 10.10.10.0. of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedy3k
9 Replies

8. IP Networking

IP Address not found in ifconfig/netstat

I'm working on an AIX Unix LPAR (AIX 3.5 00C3C9904C00 as returned by uname -a) I can access this box using telnet, port 22 using adress IP A and B A=AA.AA.XX.XX and B=AA.AA.YYY.YYY I can confirm these 2 are the same space, I can see I can't find address B listed anywhere... so I wonder what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Isax50
1 Replies

9. Solaris

ifconfig - making netmask & broadcast address permanent?

hi, I am trying to configure one of my interfaces, but after reboot - i lose the changes to the netmask & broadcast address. I have added an entry in /etc/netmasks, but it doesnt pick up the new settings. any ideas - much appreciated. before reboot: eri0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script extracting ip address from MAC wifi card

Hi Everybody, Goal: From my backup box on my local network, knowing the Wifi MAC address of my laptop, I would like to dynamically identify which ip address is attributed to my laptop. The aim is to store this ip address in a local variable and that this information is retrieved by another... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
11 Replies
MALO(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   MALO(4)

NAME
malo -- Marvell Libertas IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device malo device pci device wlan device firmware Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following lines in loader.conf(5): if_malo_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The malo driver provides support for Marvell Libertas 88W8335 based PCI and Cardbus network adapters. malo supports station and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). This driver requires the malofw firmware kernel module be installed before it will work. The firmware files are not publicly available. A port of the firmware can be found at: http://weongyo.org/project/malo/malo-firmware-1.4.tar.gz The firmware kernel module can be installed by extracting the archive and running 'make install clean' in the malo-firmware-1.4 directory. HARDWARE
The following cards are among those supported by the malo driver: Card Chip Bus Standard Netgear WG311v3 88W8335 PCI b/g Tenda TWL542P 88W8335 PCI b/g U-Khan UW-2054i 88W8335 PCI b/g EXAMPLES
Join an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point): ifconfig wlan create wlandev malo0 inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net'': ifconfig wlan create wlandev malo0 ssid my_net up Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption: ifconfig wlan create wlandev malo0 ssid my_net wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up SEE ALSO
cardbus(4), pci(4), wlan(4), wlan_ccmp(4), wlan_tkip(4), wlan_wep(4), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) HISTORY
The malo device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. BSD
October 21, 2009 BSD