Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complete Newbie requiring help Post 302357013 by snoops on Monday 28th of September 2009 11:54:47 AM
Old 09-28-2009
Here is the Text file

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\STP\Configuration\Request Systems\FIXEngineCIT]
"Machine"="LDN-PRD-FIX7"
"Port"="14822"
"Enabled"="1"
"ProcessingOptions"="1049502"
"Partitions"="FCFG"
"DefaultPartition"="FCFG"
"RemoteConfiguration"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\STP\Configuration\Request Systems\FIXEngineCQS]
"Machine"="LDN-PRD-FIXV12"
"Port"="11062"
"Enabled"="1"
"ProcessingOptions"="1049246"
"Partitions"="FEFG1"
"DefaultPartition"="FEFG1"
"WaitForAllPartitions"="0"
"EventSink"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\STP\Configuration\Request Systems\FIXEngineCQSEQ]
"Machine"="LDN-PRD-FIXV11"
"Port"="14182"
"Enabled"="1"
"ProcessingOptions"="1049246"
"Partitions"="FEFG2"
"DefaultPartition"="FEFG2"
"WaitForAllPartitions"="0"
"EventSink"="0"

For example I want to run a script and give it 2 arguments, FixEngineCQSEQ & FEFG4

The script should look at the file, extract the entry for FixengineCQSEQ, Change the defaultpartition and partions to FEFG4 (only for this entry) and then save the current file and the section to file LDN-PRD-FIXV11.txt (as specified in machine field)

Is this clearer?

thank you

Last edited by snoops; 09-28-2009 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Complete Newbie Question

I am in a test environment where i need to test several versions of UNIX, such as linux, solaris, SCO (ODT and Unixware). What i would like to know is there a universal way to work with the contents of a floppy diskette? I know some give you dos-like commands, but am looking for a way to access and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dpinion
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

complete newbie

ok so i am trying redhat linux and i create a partiton and install it no worries then i start and i cant access any of my other drives i can mount cd roms and floppies so i am logged in as root what i want to do is mount the following drives drive 1 ide partition 2 drive 2 to 5 seen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidjk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A complete Unix Newbie

I would like to know if I should install unix over a windows 98. I want to use a home computer to host websites right now, but I know how much Windows likes resources ;) So, my question is... Should I get a Unix OS? If no, then do not read more and just reply :) If yes, then, which one? How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afinita
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Qmail requiring SMTP auth

Has anyone gotten netqmail patched with qmail-smtp-auth to not just allow, but require ESMTP authentication? I'm in the processes of setting up a port 587 (submission) server for my remote users to be able to send mail through while they're on the road, but I don't want it to usable without... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Any Way to Get User Input Without Requiring Them to Hit the Enter Key?

I'm working on making a menu system on an HP-UX box with Bash on it. The old menu system presents the users with a standard text menu with numbers to make selections. I'm re-working the system and I would like to provide something more akin to iterative search in Emacs. I have a list of 28... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Wireless works, then dies requiring a reboot

Hello, I am having a problem with my wireless. Seems to be a relatively new problem over the past few weeks. I have an intel wireless. It seems like it can be fine for days, then in will quite working to the point a reboot is necessary. It may happen once and be fine, or may happen several times... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Complete Newbie looking for advice

Hi everyone! I've been browsing the forum for a couple of days, and thought it was about time to chime in. I'm having a pre-mid-life mid-life crisis (I think), and am seriously debating a career shift. I currently use a bash shell in my day to day work (very basic file management, FTP, backups,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bravestarr
8 Replies

9. Programming

Unable to use libcurl to access a site requiring client authentication

I’m using the below snipped for setting the certificate and key for client authentication. curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERT,"clientCert.pem"); curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD,"changeit"); curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE,"PEM"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a script requiring a pause for user input

Hi I'm trying to create a basic script that pauses for user input to verify a file name before generating the output. I have numerous SSL certificate files which I am trying to determine the expiry date so what I'm trying to do is write a script so that is pauses to request the name of the .pem... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddyluv
9 Replies
AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)				      General Commands Manual					 AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)

NAME
airport2-portinspector - Port maps inspector for the Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station ("Snow") SYNOPSIS
airport2-portinspector DESCRIPTION
airport2-portinspector allows you to inspect the port maps used by the hosts associated with your base station. OPTIONS
airport2-portinspector accepts no command-line options. airport2-portinspector is a wrapper script around the PortInspector.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport2-portinspector was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)