Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to write configure and makefile Post 302357001 by Corona688 on Monday 28th of September 2009 11:27:55 AM
Old 09-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerajsuthar
P.S.: the problem with the documents and man pages shipped with these tools is that they are too cryptic for a newbie in linux programming arena.
Don't feel bad -- they really are that cryptic. Smilie Some coders use their templates and hope they never have to touch them again. I just write my own makefiles unless I can't possibly avoid them. Makefiles are easy.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile executing another Makefile first?

I have 2 libraries in 2 different directories that I build with Makefiles. library B depends on library A. If I modify a .cpp file in library A and run lib B's Makefile can I have B's makefile to automatically rebuild library A? I am now rebuilding A, followed by B... but I'd like B to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwuster
0 Replies

5. Programming

Write-Write on a socket

Can anyone tell what happens if each end writes at the same time on the same socket ? - if one of them issues a read() after write() has completed, will it record into the buffer what the other sent ? ex. e1 writes to e2 - - - while - - - e2 writes to e1 (at the same time) e1 read () - what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gendaox
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

7. Programming

how to write a makefile based on date

I have 30 files(all are .c file) based on each day of a month. And a app.c and app.h. Now I want to write a makefile to bulid the application based on the date of system. The 1st day I build the 1st day's .c file. Like this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henryyy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to write write multiple cronjobs in shellscript??

Hi All, I need the answer of below question? 1) How to write multiple cronjobs in shellscript? Is there any way or we cant write in shellscript... Regards, Priyanka (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

9. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
hman(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   hman(1)

NAME
hman - browse the on-line manual pages SYNOPSIS
hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] name hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] [ index ] DESCRIPTION
The hman script is an interface to man2html(1) that allows you to enter man page requests at the command line and view the output in your favourite browser. The behaviour reminds of that of man(1) so that many people will be able to alias hman to man. If the browser used is netscape, and an incarnation of netscape is running already, hman will pass the request to the existing browser. OPTIONS
-P browser Specify which browser (like lynx, xmosaic, arena, chimera, netscape, amaya, ...) to use. This option overrides the MANHTMLPAGER environment variable. The default is the non-httpd version of lynx, or sensible-browser if lynx cannot be found. -H host Specify from what host to get the man pages. This option overrides the MANHTMLHOST environment variable. The default is localhost. ENVIRONMENT
MANHTMLPAGER The default browser to use is selected using this environment variable. MANHTMLHOST The default host to use is selected using this environment variable. SEE ALSO
man(1), man2html(1), arena(1), lynx(1), sensible-browser(1), netscape(1), xmosaic(1), glimpse(1) http://www.mcom.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html 19 January 1998 hman(1)