Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get values from a file and the name of the shell Post 302356978 by RMSoares on Monday 28th of September 2009 10:12:52 AM
Old 09-28-2009
Get values from a file and the name of the shell

I have 2 questions for which I thank for your help
Question 1)
In the file A, i have a list of email addresses
> ex: $ cat a
> alfa.beta @ gmail.com, user.client @ hotmail.com, @ yahoo.com test.dummy

I want to use the values that are within the file A, in a specific instruction eg
mail alfa.beta@gmail.com, user.client@hotmail.com, test.dummy@yahoo.com <$ MAIL_FILE2

Suggestions?

Question 2)
In each shell I want to create a log with the name of the shell (eg <shell_name>. Log) in order to standardize the development, the name of the shell should be automatically getting inside the shell.
Eg: MyLOG=/DIRECTORY/ $shell_name.log

Inside the shell, there is a variable where i could get the name of the shell?
Suggestions?

Thanks for your supported

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

update a file with values from other file in shell bash

Hello I need to write a shell script to update properties between files. I have 2 files as follow: file1 urlWebserviceCheckAddress^=McoConfigGlobal.commonGLOBALUrlWebservice file 2 urlWebserviceCheckAddress=http://localhost:8080/tags Both files containt the same properties... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teodora
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the repetition values in a file using bourne shell

Hi all, I have a scenario, like consider a file abc.txt, inside abc.txt, the contents is value1 = aaa, value2 = bbb, value3 = ccc, value1 = ddd. In this situation i need to throw an error for the repeatation of keys like "value1" is repeating twice. how to handle this using bourne... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I read values from a CSV file using Shell?

SHELL SCRIPT Hi, I have a file in which contents are as follows: 9999,abdc,123 9988,aba_12,2323 and so on I want to read the contents of this file such that i can do echo "This is $a followed by $b an then $c" I tried the following but id did not work cat test | cut -d ',' -f1|... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayanksargoch
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values from a file into an array variable in Shell

Dear All, I have been trying to do a simple task of extracting 2 fields from the file (3 rows) and store it in an array variable. I tried with: #! /bin/bash ch=`cut -f10 tmp.txt` counter=0 for p in $pid do c=${ch} echo "$c ..$counter" counter=$((counter+1))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading the values from a file in C Shell for loop

Hi All, I need small help on for loop syntax in C shell. How can we read the values from a file (line by line) through C shell loop. For Ex: $Cat file1 data1 data2 data3 data4 $ I have to print those values in a variable and have to perform some steps... Can anyone help on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in shell variable values from a file

Hello, I have a simple script that runs an application, # these arguments have the same value for all splits ARCH=12.11.1 BATCHES=50 EPOCHS=5000 LEARN_MODE=ONLINE LEARN_RATE=0.25 PROJ=02_BT_12.11.1.proj echo "processing split A on hex" cd A/ DATA_SET=S2A_v1_12.1.1_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values to an XML file from shell script

:wall: Hi, I have an XML file with 5 tags. I need to pass values to the XML file from a shell script that will replace values in 2 of the tags. I cannot hardcode the tag values in XML and use replace command in script as the values are likely to change. Please help !!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisaa
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)