Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List all files except *.txt in a directory Post 302356829 by palanisvr on Monday 28th of September 2009 02:08:33 AM
Old 09-28-2009
find + xargs

find / -type f ! -name "*.txt" | xargs ls -lrt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from fileList.txt, copy files from directory tree

Hi, hopefully this is a fairly simple Q&A. I have a clean file list of approximately 180 filenames with no directory or slashes in front of the filename nor any extension or dot ".". I would like to read from this list, find these files recursively down through directory trees, copy the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting a list of string in a list of txt files

Hi there! I have 150 txt files named chunk1, chunk2, ........., chunk150. I have a second file called string.txt with more than 1000 unique strings, house, dog, cat ... I want to know which command I should use to count how many times each string appears in the 150 files. I have tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pep Puigvert
4 Replies

3. Solaris

list files .txt and .TXT in one command

Dear experts, In a directory i have both *.TXT and *.txt files. I have a script- for file in `ls *.txt`; do mv $file /tmp/$file How to list both *.txt and*.TXT file in one command so that script will move both .txt or .TXT whatever it find. br//purple (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking if the files in a directory have a txt extension

foreach file ($dir1/*) if ($file ~ *.txt) then echo "Skipping $file (is a txt file)" endif end that should work right guys? :confused: (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pantelis
15 Replies

5. Solaris

list of files in a txt file from sftp location

I want equivalent of ftp in sftp for listing of files into local machine from sftp location. ftp>ls -l list.txt the above creates a file list.txt in the local machine's current directory. sftp>ls -l list.txt it is giving Couldn't stat remote file: No such file or directory is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving the files in a.txt files to a different directory

HI All, I am coding a shell script which will pick all the .csv files in a particular directoryand write it in to a .txt file, this .txt file i will use as a source in datastage for processing. now after the processing is done I have to move and archive all the files in the .txt file to a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhasri_2020
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list files not present in audio.txt file

I am having following folder structure. /root/audios/pop /root/audios/jazz /root/audios/rock Inside those pop, jazz, rock folders there are following files, p1.ul, p2.ul, p3.ul, j1.ul, j2.ul, j3.ul, r1.ul, r2.ul, r3.ul And I have a file named as "audio.txt" in the path /root/audios,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save files in directory as txt

wget -x -i link.txt The above downloads and create unique entries for the 97 links in the text file. However, each new file is saved as CM080 with a FILE extention. Is there a way to convert each file in that directory to a .txt? The 97 files are in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cpio all *.txt-files out of folders to just one directory

I need a hint for reading manpage (I did rtfm really) of cpio to do this task as in the headline described. I want to put all files of a certain type, lets say all *.txt files or any other format. Spread in more than hundreds of subdirectories in one directory I would like to select them and just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can i add each line from a txt file to different files in the same directory?

Hello, this is my first thread here :) So i have a text file that contains words in each line like abcd efgh ijkl mnop and i have 4 txt files, i want to add each line to each file, like file 1 gets abcd at the end; file 2 gets efgh at the end .... I tried with: cat test | while read -r... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: azaiiez
6 Replies
lorder(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lorder(1)

NAME
lorder - Finds the best order for member files in an object library SYNOPSIS
lorder file... DESCRIPTION
The lorder command is essentially obsolete. Use the following command in its place: % ar -ts file.a The lorder command reads one or more object or library archive files, looks for external references, and writes a list of paired filenames to standard output. The first of each pair of files contains references to identifiers that are defined in the second file. You can send this list to the tsort command to find an ordering of a library member file suitable for 1-pass access by ld. If object files do not end with lorder overlooks them and attributes their global symbols and references to some other file. EXAMPLES
To create a subroutine library, enter: lorder charin.o scanfld.o scan.o scanln.o | tsort | xargs ar qv libsubs.a (Enter this command entirely on one line, not on two lines as shown above.) This creates a subroutine library named libsubs.a that contains charin.o, scanfld.o, scan.o, and scanln.o. The ordering of the object mod- ules in the library is important. The lorder and tsort commands together add the subroutines to the library in the proper order. Suppose that scan.o calls entry points in scanfld.o and scanln.o. scanfld.o also calls entry points in charin.o. First, the lorder command creates a list of pairs that shows these dependencies: charin.o charin.o scanfld.o scanfld.o scan.o scan.o scanln.o scanln.o scanfld.o charin.o scanln.o charin.o scan.o scanfld.o This list is piped to the tsort command, which converts the list into the ordering that is needed: scan.o scanfld.o scanln.o charin.o Note that each module precedes the module it calls. charin.o, which does not call another module, is last. The second list is then piped to xargs, which constructs and runs the following ar command: ar qv libsubs.a scan.o scanfld.o scanln.o charin.o This ar command creates the properly ordered library. FILES
Temporary files SEE ALSO
Commands: ar(1), as(1), cc(1), ld(1), make(1), nm(1), size(1), strip(1), tsort(1), xargs(1) Files: a.out(4), ar(4) lorder(1)