Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error after Jumpstart
Operating Systems Solaris Error after Jumpstart Post 302356827 by deaconf19 on Monday 28th of September 2009 01:43:23 AM
Old 09-28-2009
Error after Jumpstart

I have a Solaris 10 U6 flash nothing has changed on my Jumpstart expect for some finish files and profiles.
after I jump either a client or a server I always get the same error

Code:
the following files in / differ from the boot archive
changed /kernel/drv/md.conf

then I enter in the root password then type halt and do
Code:
boot -F failsafe

then it says

Code:
an out of sync boot archive was detected on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 the boot archive is a cache of files used during boot and should be kept in sync to ensure proper system operation

Code:
do you wish to continue

If I say no it repeats the above if I say yes then I get an automatic fsck
then when it is done it says the following

Code:
Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC was found on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0

Code:
do you wish to have it mounted RW on /a

if I say no it drops me into # if I say yes then same thing #

after that I did a
Code:
cp -p /a/kernel/drv/md.conf /kernel/drv

then it reboots and it is fine. but I do not wish to do this every time. Is there away to fix this problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jumpstart?

I have been asked to research Jumpstart and don't know where to begin! Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks! :-) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avana100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart

Hi, where can i find documention on how to create a jumpstart system? dori (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

3. Solaris

help with jumpstart

Hello all, I configured a jumpstart server ( the server is in the same subnet as the client) and gave boot net - install in the client. The client boots up shows the banner and then displays error: cant read disk label cant open disk label package and then goes to OK prompt. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik Gharti
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Jumpstart Error

I 've configured jumpstart and everything is fine but the installation starts asking human intervention and go till NFS conifugration .. Setting up Java. Please wait... Serial console, reverting to text install Beginning system identification... Searching for configuration file(s)... Using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

5. Solaris

error in jumpstart while cretaing rules.ok with ./check

Hi Gurus, When i am running the ./check and i am getting below error Error in files "rules", line 92 hostname sample_host - host_class set_root_pw Error: Finish script missing: set_root_pw i do not have any begin or finish define in my rules file it just marked as - , the content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. Solaris

boot Error for jumpstart

Hi community, I am installing Solaris 10 using a jumpstart installation. Both Server and Client are in the same netmask. When I perform the "boot net - install" command, I receive the following error: Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packets Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packets Timeout... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart client flash archive error....

Hi , I am facing this issue while restoring flash archive from jumpstart server.The image was aroung 9 gb (5.9 release) and we have restored the other images successfully bigger than this size to other machines we have never faced this issue .Please advice me on this issue . Extracted 100 %... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: knl.sundeep
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Jumpstart Error: Unsupported version (3.0).

Hello, The OS version of the ZFS flar is Solaris 10 U9 . Here is the screen output from my attempted jumpstart: System identification is completed. System identification complete. Starting Solaris installation program... Searching for JumpStart directory... Using rules.ok from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siralos
5 Replies

9. Solaris

help me! jumpstart installation error

Hi actualy my two machines are sun sparc ultra 60. Both are same configuration. I am trying jumpstart Installation in my two machines, i got no errors in server side but in the client side actually it detects the server machine with correct hostname and domainname but after showed that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grovestreet
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart Error

Hey All, I'm trying to jump start a new Sun Server from an existing jump start server, but this last machine is giving me driver errors :s It doesn't make sense as we've built a few of these exact same servers just recently, but this last one displays: "No driver (or driver binding)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnxAdm1101
2 Replies
installgrub(1M) 														   installgrub(1M)

NAME
installgrub - install GRUB in a disk partition or a floppy SYNOPSIS
/sbin/installgrub [-fm] stage1 stage2 raw-device The installgrub command is an -only program. GRUB stands for GRand Unified Bootloader. installgrub installs GRUB stage 1 and stage 2 files on the boot area of a disk partition. If you specify the -m option, installgrub installs the stage 1 file on the master boot sector of the disk. The installgrub command accepts the following options: -f Suppresses interaction when overwriting the master boot sector. -m Installs GRUB stage1 on the master boot sector interactively. The installgrub command accepts the following operands: stage1 The name of the GRUB stage 1 file. stage2 The name of the GRUB stage 2 file. raw-device The name of the device onto which GRUB code is to be installed. It must be a character device that is readable and writable. For disk devices, specify the slice where the GRUB menu file is located. (For Solaris it is the root slice.) For a floppy disk, it is /dev/rdiskette. Example 1: Installing GRUB on a Hard Disk Slice The following command installs GRUB on a system where the root slice is c0d0s0: example# /sbin/installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c0d0s0 Example 2: Installing GRUB on a Floppy The following command installs GRUB on a formatted floppy: example# mount -F pcfs /dev/diskette /mnt # mkdir -p /mnt/boot/grub # cp /boot/grub/* /mnt/boot/grub # umount /mnt # cd /boot/grub # /sbin/installgrub stage1 stage2 /dev/rdiskette /boot/grub Directory where GRUB files reside. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ boot(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), kernel(1M), attributes(5) Installing GRUB on the master boot sector (-m option) overrides any boot manager currently installed on the machine. The system will always boot the GRUB in the Solaris partition regardless of which fdisk partition is active. 24 May 2005 installgrub(1M)