Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Wireless issues in Linux Mint. Post 302356812 by budtuxy on Sunday 27th of September 2009 11:19:21 PM
Old 09-28-2009
Wireless issues in Linux Mint.

I am running Linux Mint Gloria on my PC. I have ADSL broadband connection which require login and pswd connection to connect. I have SmartAX MT841 modem which has wireless card free with it. I also have recently purchased DELL inspiron 1545 machine which have Vista preinstalled in it. Now I want to connect to internet connection wirelessely using that card. It is successfully connecting to the network but not to the internet. There is no setting in wireless setting where I can insert login, password necessary for connection

So can any tell me what setting I'll ve to do on Mint so that I can share my internet connection wireless on my Laptop machine.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Can not get wireless to register in linux mint?

I just installed linux mint 11 yesterday. I cannot get the wireless to register, it says that firmware is missing but I can not figure out how to make it work. I am still a newbie and would appreciate any help possible. Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breebutner
7 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Mint Wireless Help (Gateway 600)

Hi, I have successfully installed the latest Linux Mint for the very first time on an old (2001) Gateway 600 laptop. I still have my old Windows XP on this too. I cannot figure out how to get the wireless connection to work (to connect to my home router). I have tried installing my only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssid61
5 Replies

3. Debian

Linux Mint 16

I use linux mint 16 and I'm new to live ux. what should I know? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cryptek
4 Replies
SMPPPD.CONF(5)							      SMPPPD							    SMPPPD.CONF(5)

NAME
smpppd.conf - global smpppd configuration file DESCRIPTION
When smpppd and smpppd-ifcfg start they first load their configuration from /etc/smpppd.conf, which contains basic information concerning their behavior. The configuration file /etc/smpppd.conf has a simple file format with a key = value pair in each line. OPTIONS
stop-on-disconnect = always, notdemand or never Shall the dialup connection be shutdown when the last frontend disconnects? Default value is always. reload-selects-default-provider = yes or no Shall a reload (SIGHUP) select the default provider for all interfaces or keep the current one? Default value is yes. open-inet-socket = yes or no Shall the smpppd open a internet connection, so that remote frontends can control the dialup connection? Default value is no. slp-register = yes or no Try to register at the slp daemon (service location protocol) if set to yes and an internet connection is opened. bind-address = <ip-address> Specify the ip address on which to listen for connections from remote frontends. The default is to listen on all addresses. host-range = <min ip-address> <max ip-address> Specify a host range from which remote frontends are allowed to connect to the smpppd. password = <password> The password used to authenticate remote frontends, UTF-8 encoded for those who really care. If the password is empty, no authenti- cation is done. number-of-loglines = <lines> The number of lines to keep in the log. Default is 250. accounting = yes or no Enable or disable accounting. Default is yes. alive-interval = <seconds> Interval for alive lines in the accounting log. A value of 0 disables alive lines. Default value is 900. debug = yes or no Turn debugging on or off. Default is off. This can also be controlled at runtime with cinternet. SEE ALSO
smpppd(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE September 2003 SMPPPD.CONF(5)