Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash encoding, how to change
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bash encoding, how to change Post 302356713 by IdleProc on Sunday 27th of September 2009 04:13:59 AM
Old 09-27-2009
hmmmmm.... locale shows smth like that:
LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
.... everythiing is set to ru_RU.UTF-8

well im logging through SSH with a help of Cygwin ( Smilie ) and .... how to show os/platform/ terminal app? .... uname?
may be there is smth to do with Cygwin.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change shell from BASH to C

hi all, how can i change my shell from BASH to C shell? i am using cygwin. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the font size in bash

Hi, I would like to change the font size in bash. I know how do it in ksh: F_VDOBLE="\033#6" print "${F_VDOBLE}Esto es..." But in bash I don't know Could you help me please? Many thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i change my bash prompt ?

It looks like, user@hostname:/auto/home3/user$ Desired, user@hostname$ I added following line in .bashrc, but still its same. export PS1=" $ " Please help me :confused: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: admax
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the file encoding and updating the file encoding?

Hi, I am beginner to Unix. My requirement is to validate the encoding used in the incoming file(csv,txt).If it is encoded with UTF-8 format,then the file should remain as such otherwise i need to chnage the encoding to UTF-8. Please advice me how to proceed on this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change precision of bash variable

I have a variable in a bash script, DISTANCE=`awk 'BEGIN {FS="\t"} {if (NR==2) print $3;}' $OUTFILE` this is a real number taken from a file. The value are like, 0.334561754018 I am using this value in a file name, '$NAME'_'$DISTANCE'.txt I would like to shorten the number some to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk or bash to change the format

tenxun-glibc_code-x86-64-linux-20120713190049.root.tar.bz2 To tenxun-glibc_code-x86-64-linux.root.tar.bz2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash commands to change processor

Say you got a for loop where each execution has 0 dependence on the other. Thus ideally you'd like to executed them all concurrently rather than iteratively (if you had enough CPUs). We don't quite have that many CPUs but I would like to instead partition the iterations between them. Or maybe... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash code change

I have the below bash which runs great. Before I make a change I wanted to check with experts (as I am not one). After the perl code completes, I am going to display "annotation complete" then go into the remove function . annovar() { # combine id and position files cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! I´m using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . I´m expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change encoding, no removing special chars. inconv

Hi all, I'm using iconv command to change files encoding to UTF-8 If my input file has chars as those are removed creating the file without those special chars. I tried using iconv -c, but there is still the removal. Is there a way to keep those special chars changing just the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
6 Replies
koi8rxterm(1)						      General Commands Manual						     koi8rxterm(1)

NAME
koi8rxterm - X terminal emulator for KOI8-R environments SYNOPSIS
koi8rxterm [ xterm-options ] DESCRIPTION
koi8rxterm is a wrapper around the xterm(1) program that invokes the latter program with the 'KOI8RXTerm' X resource class set. All argu- ments to koi8rxterm are passed to xterm without processing; the -class and -k8 options should not be specified because they are used by the wrapper. See the xterm manual page for more information on xterm-options. The environment's locale settings (see "ENVIRONMENT" below) are used to discern the locale's character set. If no current locale can be determined, the locale 'ru_RU.KOI8-R' (the Russian language as used in the territory of Russia, with the KOI8-R character set) is assumed. The locale(1) utility is used to determine whether the system supports the selected locale. If it does not, koi8rxterm will exit with an error and report the output of locale. Note: koi8rxterm may produce unexpected results if the current locale is set to one in which the KOI8-R character encoding is not sup- ported, or if fonts using that encoding are not available. In the Debian system, the 'xfonts-cyrillic' package provides the fonts that koi8rxterm uses by default. To change the fonts koi8rxterm uses, edit the /etc/X11/app-defaults/KOI8RXTerm file. A similar wrapper, uxterm(1), is available for Unicode UTF-8 environments. ENVIRONMENT
LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LANG The values of these variables are checked, in order, to determine the character set used by the current locale. AUTHOR
koi8rxterm was written by Branden Robinson and is very heavily based on uxterm, by Thomas Dickey. The assistance of Jurij Smakov was invaluable in sanity-checking its operation. SEE ALSO
locale(1), locale(7), uxterm(1), xterm(1) Debian Project 2004-12-19 koi8rxterm(1)