Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris User entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny Post 302356649 by ksvaisakh on Saturday 26th of September 2009 03:46:57 PM
Old 09-26-2009
Its my mistake.

bash-3.00# su test
$ crontab -l
crontab: can't open your crontab file.

This user test is having entry in both the files.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cron entry

Hi All, I want to run a cron job to run on the first saturday of each month at 1:30am. Would the following entry suffice this condition 30 1 6 * 6 wall %Will this work% Appreciate your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rramanuj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron entry

Hi, Where can we find Cron job logs?i have a cron job which is not executing at all, 00 12 * * * /xx/yy/job > /pp/qq/log if i execute the job alone,it is executing fine. >/xx/yy/job > /pp/qq/log (is executing fine) but its not executing when it triggered from cron.is there any place cron... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rujus
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Entry

Hi folks, I have got the following cron entry ... 08 30 * * * /mp1/scripts/test.sh > /mp1/scripts/test_logs.txt 2>&1 The problem is that instead of generating a new test_logs.txt file every time it keeps on appending the outputs to the test_logs.txt file. What is it that I am doing wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to locate the cron entry

Hi, I am new to unix. I have once made an entry into cron file for one scirpt to run. The script sends me email. But i want the script entry removed from the cron file. But i am not able to find the entry in cron file. When i do crontab -e it shows content of the file but my script is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron entry

Can someone please quickly respond to this? I need to have a script test.sh to run every 30 minutes from Monday to Saturday from 6am to 10pm as a crontab entry... Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: everurs789
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron entry

Hi, I need some clarification on cron entries. I have a cron job like.. 15 01 19 02 6 exec /usr/bin/test.ksh and I have another cron entry added, which is 15 01 20 02 6 exec /usr/bin/test.ksh So, I am thinking the second cron entry shouldn't have run because 02/20 is Sunday, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: everurs789
1 Replies

7. Solaris

cron entry

Hi, I have to add two cron entry now. Please correct me if anything wrong Below script should run at every one and half hour. 30 01 * * * /export/home/gxadm/scripts/collect_mq_info.pl $HOME/GCSS/logs > /dev/null 2>&1 Below script should run at every 2 hours 0 02 * * *... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How are cron.allow and cron.deny read?

Hi, all! I was working on my Debian, minding my own business but then I wanted to see what happened if the same user was included on both cron.allow and cron.deny :p I would have bet that cron.deny was going to override cron.allow for security reasons, but my computer proved me wrong:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pereyrax
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron JOb Entry

Hi All, i have a folder in a server say xxx.xx.xx.xx\abcd\efgh. i want to make a cron job entry so that i would get a mail (me@example.com) on business days. will this help me... 30 4 * * 1-5 cd \abcd\efgh|ls-ltr|mailx:me@example.comhttps://www.unix.com/images/editor/code.png (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
10 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron entry

Hi I have a system running solaris 11, in which I am able to execute a script from the command line, but once I put i the crontab does run, but do not give results. The entry is: 15 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./startOSWbb.sh >> myjob.log 2>&1 30 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./stopOSWbb.sh I have check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
Cron executes commands at specified dates and times according to the instructions in the files /etc/crontab and /etc/crontab.local. None, either one, or both of these files may be present. Since cron never exits, it should only be executed once. This is best done by running cron from the initialization process through the file /etc/rc; see init(8). The crontab files consist of lines of seven fields each. The fields are separated by spaces or tabs. The first five are integer patterns to specify: o minute (0-59) o hour (0-23) o day of the month (1-31) o month of the year (1-12) o day of the week (1-7 with 1 = Monday) Each of these patterns may contain: o a number in the range above o two numbers separated by a minus meaning a range inclusive o a list of numbers separated by commas meaning any of the numbers o an asterisk meaning all legal values The sixth field is a user name: the command will be run with that user's uid and permissions. The seventh field consists of all the text on a line following the sixth field, including spaces and tabs; this text is treated as a command which is executed by the Shell at the specified times. A percent character (``%'') in this field is translated to a new-line character. Both crontab files are checked by cron every minute, on the minute. FILES
/etc/crontab /etc/crontab.local 7th Edition October 23, 1996 CRON(8)