Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: trimming lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting trimming lines Post 302356585 by varontron on Saturday 26th of September 2009 07:39:45 AM
Old 09-26-2009
you can put your select statement into a script which calls, amongst other things:
Code:
set echo off
set feedback off
spool out.sql
select ...
spool off

then call your script from the prompt:
Code:
SQL> @myscript;

You can probably get your semicolon on the end of the result with concatenation:
Code:
select DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('INDEX','I_QOSSYSTA2IRAQOS_____N')||';' from dual

check out this site for more info on sqlplus set: sqlplus set command

hth,
dv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trimming a file...

Hi everyone I have this script that appends a line to a file to log the running status of an application. I need to write another script to run as a scheduled job in cron to trim the first x number of lines of this file. Could someone give me an idea how to do this? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming a string

Hi, I am trying to find a script command that will let me trim leading and trailing space from a string. I have coded a SQL Select and sending the output to a file. Later I am parsing the file and reading each field. The problem is that each field uses the same size as the DB2 type it was defined... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trimming zeros

Hi, I want to trim +with leading zero's with amount fields.I know using awk for trimming leading zeros with +,but I want get the entire row itself. cat file_name |awk -F " " '{printf "%14.4f%f\n",$4}' ex: 10 xyz bc +00000234.4500 20 yzx foxic +002456.000 Expexted 10 xyz bc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trimming the spaces

Hi, How can I remove the unwanted spaces in the line. 123456 789 ABC DEF. - I wanna remove the sapces in this line, I need the output 123456789ABCDEF. Pls help me...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming out spaces in solaris

friends, I have a script in solaris 10 SPARC system which is like this date '+Time: %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S' echo " GDBRR GDLRR GDBWR GDLWR GDRRR GDRWR " sar -b 10 10 |/usr/xpg4/bin/awk '!/Average/ && !/SunOS/ && !/bread/ {$1="";T=$2;T1=$3;T2=$5;T3=$6;T4=$8;T5=$9}{print(T"\t",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming output

I'm trying to parse an output log and I've managed to reduce the output to the lines I need. But I'm having trouble pulling out only the info I'm interested in. The output is 40+ lines and here is a sample Installing AppFresh 0.8.5.pkg from ./InstallerFiles/CustomPKG/26 (26) Installing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaltekar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming sequences

My file looks like this: But I would like to 'trim' all sequences to the same lenght 32 characters, keeping intact all the identifier (>GHXCZCC01AJ8CJ) Would it be possible to use awk to perform this task? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming a string

Hi I need to trim white spaces from strings in a file. Input file is like this: 1_rrc_CatalogGroups.csv = 607 1_rrc_Sales_TopCatalogGroups.csv = 4 1_rrc_Sales_CatalogEntries_CatalogGroup_Rel.csv = 7 Need to trim space before and after = symbol. This is my script: #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming in between the words

Hi i have a log file P12345_15728710:DEBUG:Begin P12345_15728710:DEBUG:Being P12345_15729310:DEBUG:GetAgen P12345_15726510:DEBUG:end i want to trim this file and i want like this 15728710 15728710 15729310 15726510 i tried sed ..but not working.. sed "s/.*P12345__ \(.*\)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan420
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trimming ends

My files look like this I need to remove the sequence GGGAAA and anything before that I also need to remove the sequence AGCCCTA and anything after that So I will end up with something like this The left side is done but I cannot get the right side correctly. I would like to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies
CREATE 
TABLESPACE(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation CREATE TABLESPACE(7) NAME
CREATE_TABLESPACE - define a new tablespace SYNOPSIS
CREATE TABLESPACE tablespace_name [ OWNER user_name ] LOCATION 'directory' DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLESPACE registers a new cluster-wide tablespace. The tablespace name must be distinct from the name of any existing tablespace in the database cluster. A tablespace allows superusers to define an alternative location on the file system where the data files containing database objects (such as tables and indexes) can reside. A user with appropriate privileges can pass tablespace_name to CREATE DATABASE, CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX or ADD CONSTRAINT to have the data files for these objects stored within the specified tablespace. PARAMETERS
tablespace_name The name of a tablespace to be created. The name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system tablespaces. user_name The name of the user who will own the tablespace. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. Only superusers can create tablespaces, but they can assign ownership of tablespaces to non-superusers. directory The directory that will be used for the tablespace. The directory should be empty and must be owned by the PostgreSQL system user. The directory must be specified by an absolute path name. NOTES
Tablespaces are only supported on systems that support symbolic links. CREATE TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
Create a tablespace dbspace at /data/dbs: CREATE TABLESPACE dbspace LOCATION '/data/dbs'; Create a tablespace indexspace at /data/indexes owned by user genevieve: CREATE TABLESPACE indexspace OWNER genevieve LOCATION '/data/indexes'; COMPATIBILITY
CREATE TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE DATABASE (CREATE_DATABASE(7)), CREATE TABLE (CREATE_TABLE(7)), CREATE INDEX (CREATE_INDEX(7)), DROP TABLESPACE (DROP_TABLESPACE(7)), ALTER TABLESPACE (ALTER_TABLESPACE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 CREATE TABLESPACE(7)