Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Permissions trouble with WebDav Post 302356580 by osksp on Saturday 26th of September 2009 07:05:24 AM
Old 09-26-2009
Permissions trouble with WebDav

Hello!

I need some advice about using WebDav in Mac OS 10.5

My problem is that I mount a WebDav folder in the hard drive pointing to a webdav directory service running under apache (it's Alfresco, if you know it) but the permissions of this directory, when mounted, are only for the user who has mounted it. When I try to access the directory through an application running in the apache, it runs like other user (appserver in this case, the system's default) so it can't read or write in this directory.

I try to change the folder's owner/permissions but it is not possible (access denied, using sudo...). So my question is: is there anyway of changing this folder permissions/owner when it is mounted? Or allowing the system's default user accessing this folder?

I mount it this way:

sudo mount -t webdav <webdav_directory_host> <folder_in_hard_drive>

and the permissions are:

drwx------ myuser

If you can help me it would be great! And sorry for my English, I'm still studying it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help with Webdav transfer script

I need help on a script that syncs a directory with a webdav directory. For example I have the folders: ./upload/ ./upload/client ./upload/client/department ./upload/client2 ./upload/client2/department each of these folders contain docs that need to goto the webdav. also the client names... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brazen1445
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

WebDav/davfs mounted file & directory names in all UPPERCASE

Hey, I have a WebDav directory mounted and everything seems fine except for one thing. All file/directory names appear in all UPPERCASE, when in actual fact they are lowercase on the remote machine. For example: foo/bar/baz.html on the remote host, appears on my local machine as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrMoney
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload file to webdav server

Hi all i have a such question this is my shell script my script must upload file to webdav server ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #!/bin/sh ###... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knut
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

SVN user permissions trouble

I am trying to add a user to my SVN server that can only access one of about a dozen repositories I have set up. Here are the files that I think need changed and what I have set them to. No matter what I try with these files I am unable to see the results I am after. In the end I want this new... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benn600
0 Replies

5. Debian

webdav share per user ldap authentication

hi all, i have configured Apache with WEBDAV & my aim is sharing outlook calendars because we don't use M$ ExChange. From outlook i did a simple test & am able to share a calendar. I want to create share for each user & then authenticate against LDAP before they can publish their... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

6. Linux

Could not open the lock database - Apache WebDAV setup

I configured a WebDAV server using Apache. Here is my configuration: DAVLockDB /var/www/DAVLock.db <Location /majid> AllowOverride None Options +Indexes DAV On AuthUserFile /var/www/users.db AuthName Authentication AuthType Basic <Limit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webdav automation

Hi, I am required to automate file transfer to a Sharepoint Collection, I have failed in mounting the webdav as a file system using davfs2 so I am investigating Curl and Cadaver. Cadaver is probably the easiest solution, I can successfully connect and transfer files. However can anyone advise... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Sending file to WebDav Server

Hi All, I am using a webdav server host name : abc.xyz.com.ak username : user123 password : password123 port : 80 I need to send files stored in my windows system to the server, any idea how to do it. I dont know how to create a url in linux for webdav server using details. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakhar_dubey
2 Replies
MOUNT_EXFAT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    MOUNT_EXFAT(8)

NAME
mount_exfat -- mount an ExFAT file system SYNOPSIS
mount_exfat [-o options] [-u uid] [-g gid] [-m mask] device directory DESCRIPTION
The mount_exfat command mounts the ExFAT filesystem from the device device onto the directory given by directory. This command is normally invoked by diskarbitrationd(8) as the result of detecting a device with a file system recognized as ExFAT. It can also be invoked indirectly by executing the mount(8) command with the -t exfat option. The options are as follows: -o options Use the specified mount options, as described in mount(8). -u uid Set the owner of the files in the file system to uid. The default owner is the owner of the directory on which the file system is being mounted. -g gid Set the group of the files in the file system to gid. The default group is the group of the directory on which the file system is being mounted. -m mask Specify the maximum file permissions for files in the file system. (For example, a mask of 755 specifies that, by default, the owner should have read, write, and execute permissions for files, but others should only have read and execute permissions. See chmod(1) for more information about octal file modes.) Only the nine low-order bits of mask are used. The default mask is taken from the directory on which the file system is being mounted. If none of the -u, -g, or -m options are given, the volume will be mounted with the MNT_UNKNOWNPERMISSIONS flag (equivalent to the -o noowners option). If the device is internal and not removable, the volume will be mounted with the MNT_ASYNC flag (equivalent to the -o async option) by default. That default can be overridden with the -o noasync option. When mounted with the -o noasync option, metadata updates are synced to disk frequently (by default, 50ms after the system call that changed the metadata returns to its caller). SEE ALSO
fsck_exfat(8), exfat.util(8), mount(2), unmount(2), fstab(5), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_exfat utility first appeared in Mac OS X 10.6.3. Darwin January 19, 2010 Darwin