Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris cron jobs not running from sudo Post 302356416 by jlliagre on Friday 25th of September 2009 11:45:23 AM
Old 09-25-2009
incredible, if a cron command can't execute because it's incorrectly written, there is no much point (yet) investigating if the cron.deny/ cron.allow are involved.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running cron jobs

Hi, I'm new to cron and I would like to know if this cron entry looks right. Every monday to friday, at 9:15 AM execute the script called done_att.sh Every monday to friday, at 3:15 PM execute the script called start_att.sh 15 09 * * /u54/jobs/done_att.sh 45 15 * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ted
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running cron jobs

I would like to add a job using cron. I have following questions - cron jobs are launched using what login-id e.g. is the script launced using my login-id - In which directory would the cron jobs be launched ? - where do the environment variables required in the script being lauched come... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharanbr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to tell which cron jobs are still running?

I have some cron jobs that are taking a might long time. That is because they are screen scrapers and I inserted an extra long pause (10 minutes between screens) to be extra polite and minimize network traffic. I was going to have them run once a day but now I'm thinking once a week. How do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Seriously, cron jobs not running.

Before I get a million and one suggestions on all the things that could be wrong with my scripts - let me assure everyone that this is not the issue. i have a RH EL ES4 server that stopped running all cron jobs except hourly, daily, weekly. This has affected all users including root. No... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bill_k_Lopez
7 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

cron jobs running, but not...

I have a cron job set up to run a script on my Leopard Server every night. The job is set up as root, and when I run the script manually, it runs fine. The problem is that it is not doing anything when it runs at night. In the cron log, it says it ran, but did not output the results to the file it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yodomino6
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Jobs Still Running In Backgound

Hi guys, I've got a few cron jobs ... porblem is they are running as intended but some of them just tend to stay there in sleeping mode for quite some time ... sometimes even days ... for example when i run the ps command i can see that some are still there although the same script had run many... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Cron -- same time jobs

Hi Is it possible to run different cron jobs at the same time? It appears that when I run ones at 15 min granularity that they may prevent ones running later in the day. Should crons run at same time have impact on one another? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

cron jobs not running during certain window

Hi unix.com, I'm currently experiencing a problem on one of our servers at work where between the hours of approx. 1:00 AM and 2:0 AM no jobs scheduled through cron run. Now, in the cron logs I do see that all jobs are launched and I'm not seeing any errors anywhere - but - none of the jobs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tunachamp
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cron Jobs not running at scheduled time

I've scheduled few jobs using cron. But they are not running ..... What might be the possible reasons ?? Also tell me how to troubleshoot............. Please help me ....... Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron jobs not running on time

on linux redhat, ubuntu systems, what reason would there be for a cron job not running at exactly the time it was scheduled to run, everytime? meaning, if i put something in cron to run every 120 seconds (2 minutes), why is it that some times, i find that cron would sometimes run the job a few... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)