Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu useradd - shell missing features after adding user Post 302356090 by mark54g on Thursday 24th of September 2009 12:54:02 PM
Old 09-24-2009
ownership should not need transferring when made with useradd especially if the -m switch is used.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who can help me how to add user without 'useradd' command

Can any one tell me if i dun want using 'useradd' command to add new user, it is have any command i can use to add a new user?and any extra step needed for my local environment? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foong
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting password for user using useradd?

hi all i am writing a script to create user and group from the input given to script for eg. script needs to values 1. mode - 1 or 2 2. id - if mode is 1 then id should be 2 char like x1 / v1 / v2 if mode is 2 then id should be 1 char like x / v / e from these to values group is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell features ???

Hi Can anybody explain the following shell features with example a) Command line editing b) filename completion c) job control (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

features of a new SHELL

Hello, My team and I planing to create a new shell. We are including features like handing the "command not found" exception, etc.... 1)Can you please give some suggestions on what do do while writing a new shell..... 2)can you please give me your problems with the existing shells..My... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
15 Replies

5. Linux

Linux- Useradd / sudo user

Hi, I am new in linux. Please help for create new user and also need to give sudo access in linux box. Please help me Now i am having new access Thanks, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding missing lines in file

Dear all, I have a file with two columns - the first column is increasing every 50, the second column is just count (e.g. 5). However, when count is zero, no line is present. Sample: 1950 7 2000 14 2050 7 2100 13 2150 10 2200 9 2250 7 2300 8 2350 7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheTransporter
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding missing lines in file

Dear all, I have a file with two columns - the first column is increasing every 50, the second column is just count (e.g. 5). However, when count is zero, no line is present. Sample: How can I change the file so as to include lines with zero count? e.g. in the previous file to put... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheTransporter
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in adding missing tag in php pages

hi, I am still a newbie on ssh but trying hard. my friends website was hit by some virus which included a long encrypted malware code on each and every php file she had. I was able to use sed command via ssh to remove the malware codes but now most pages don't have a opening <?php tag. i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: netatma
8 Replies
XtDisownSelection()													       XtDisownSelection()

Name
  XtDisownSelection - indicate that selection data is no longer available.

Synopsis
  void XtDisownSelection(w, selection, time)
	 Widget w;
	 Atom selection;
	 Time time;

Inputs
  w	    Specifies the widget relinquishing selection ownership.

selection Specifies which selection the widget is giving up (usually XA_PRIMARY or XA_SECONDARY).

time	    Specifies the timestamp that indicates when the request to relinquish selection ownership was initiated.

Description
  XtDisownSelection() informs the Intrinsics selection mechanism that the specified widget is to lose ownership of the specified selection as
  of the specified time.  If the widget does not currently own the selection, either because it lost the selection or because  it  never  had
  the selection to begin with, XtDisownSelection() does nothing.

After  a widget has called XtDisownSelection(), its XtConvertProc is not called even if a request arrives later with a timestamp during the
  period that this widget owned the selection.	However, its XtDoneProc will be called if a conversion that started before the call to XtDis-
  ownSelection() finishes after the call to XtDisownSelection().  See XtOwnSelection() for more information.

Usage
  Usually, a selection owner maintains ownership indefinitely until some other client requests ownership, at which time the Intrinsics selec-
  tion mechanism informs the previous owner that it has lost ownership of the selection.  However, in response	to  some  user	actions  (for
  example,  when  a user deletes the information selected), the application may with to explicitly inform the Intrinsics that it no longer is
  to be the selection owner by calling XtDisownSelection().

When the selection changes hands because another client has claimed it (rather than as a result of  a  call  to  XtDisownSelection()),  the
  Intrinsics inform the application that it has lost the selection ownership by calling its XtLoseSelectionProc.

See Also
  XtGetSelectionValue(1), XtOwnSelection(1),
  XtConvertProc(2), XtDoneProc(2), XtLoseSelectionProc(2).

Xt - Selections 													       XtDisownSelection()