Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Emergency Forum Posting Problem Post 302355970 by Neo on Thursday 24th of September 2009 07:50:28 AM
Old 09-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by otheus
Along these lines (sorry for stealing this thread, but it seems relevant here), should users be penalized for dup'ping to the Emergency forum after posting to the regular ones?

https://www.unix.com/emergency-unix-l...#post302355642
I don't think the double posting rule should apply in forum where the member pays Bits for the post.

It would be nice, however, if the member updated their original post(s) and pointed to the other thread, as a courtesy.

What do you think?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Posting in teh incorrect Forum

As i am going through the board today i noticed alot of questions out of place. and quite a few of them were rather redundent to stuff that has already been coverd. I know that talking about stuff that has already been coverd will always happen BUT comeone people. Dosent anyone read the FAQ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Posting on a forum

Hi all, found a little flash movie about posting. Check it out. http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html? Regards, Dream (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamCatcher
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

User Guide: Posting in the Emergency Forum

Emergency UNIX and Linux Support !! Help Me! Forum (Request Urgent Help) README FIRST: How to Request Emergency or Urgent Help: You may post emergency work-related questions in the emergency forum. To post in this forum you will need to use your Bits. All questions answered on a "best... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Forum posting help

How do some posters get just a simple little text box in the middle of a sentence or paragragh? I have seen many threads where posters aren't using code tags or quote tags, because both of those take up an entire line on the screen. It looks like a code tag, but has no header and no newline... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlphaLexman
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Emergency Support Forum usage

I think I've noticed over recent years that the number of threads started on the Emergency Support forum has become virtually nil. Why do we think that is? Members cannot easily to find that forum? The site layout has changed? The longevity of this forum means that all the answers are... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
10 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)