Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to automate gdb input via shellscript Post 302355936 by cabrao on Thursday 24th of September 2009 06:02:02 AM
Old 09-24-2009
Try with expect

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automate the input in a script

I have a program that i have to run by cron. The program needs user input. So i have to automate that in a littke script. start of script program.sh: result=program.log; export result echo Program starting : `date` >> $result /usr/local/program >> $result echo Program running : `date` >>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinspeybroeck
11 Replies

2. Programming

gdb Tutorials

Can anyone give me the link to a website having gdb tutorials (for advanaced debugging & shortcuts) http://www.burneddowndays.com/talk/YaBBImages/rolleyes.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

gdb for HPUX 11.23

Hi, I'm trying to debug my gcc compiled code on my HPUX 11.23 (Itanium). I searched the machine to find something that looks like a compiler, and what I found was : adb (a bit unfriendly for debugging) kwdb (I understand this is a kernel debugger) gdb32 gdb64 gdbpa When I run either... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimon
0 Replies

4. Solaris

gdb for SunOS 5.6

I want to install gdb on SunOS 5.6 machine. Where can i download from ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gdb:

Hi, This is a simple question on GDB. Given a core file, how can you check which process has dumped the core? Regards - Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnamurthig
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gdb

Hi All, I wanted to know if there is a core file generated and I am not sure for which Binary it is generated . Can I use gdb to debug the core file ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using Gdb

Hi All, I am trying to execute a binary and it is giving Segmentation Fault. Can I use gdb to debug this error? Secondly there is no core file generated , so when I an trying to run gdb with the binary only I am not able to set any breakpoints. When I am running the gdb and the I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

8. Programming

gdb help

i have created some break points in gdb. let's say.... b sqlcxt how can i know the breakpoint name of sqlcxt ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
1 Replies

9. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

10. Programming

Gdb backtrace

Hi, all I try to understand the output from gdb Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. *** glibc detected *** /home/sys_cbo/dev/zif/bin/Debug/zifd: free(): invalid pointer: 0x00007fffac04d3d0 *** how should i read this? (gdb) backtrace #0 0x0000003015e32925 in raise () from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huvcbo
1 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)