Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tar command between Servers
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tar command between Servers Post 302355883 by zaxxon on Thursday 24th of September 2009 03:19:37 AM
Old 09-24-2009
If you type in "tar network" in Google for example you'll get plenty of examples.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using tar command

What is the tar command from start to finish to move a directory from one directory to another . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tnunn
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use tar command

I just installed redhat 8.0 i have no idea how to work this OS. i have worked before with unix sco. The question is i just install a backup tape. how can i view the content on a tape. what i;m trying to do is tar cv8 or tar xvf perform this actions on a redhat 8.0 Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command

I have a file with a bunch of absolute path file names. Is there a way with the tar command to read in these files and tar them up? (I found this list of files using the locate command and I redirected them to a file, and now I want to tar them up) And if so, when I untar this file that the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoman1
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command dont tar to original directory

HI, if I have a tarfile called pmapdata.tar that contains tar -tvf pmapdata.tar -rw-r--r-- 0/0 21 Oct 15 11:00 2009 /var/tmp/pmapdata/pmap4628.txt -rw-r--r-- 0/0 21 Oct 14 20:00 2009 /var/tmp/pmapdata/pmap23752.txt -rw-r--r-- 0/0 1625 Oct 13 20:00 2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar Command

Hello All, I am currently in the process of BACKING UP over 160GB of data, where currently all files have been archived into directories, sub-directories and so fore by day, in the format for example archive/data/2009-11-01 Or archive/data/test/2009-11-01 The issue I'm having, is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killos
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to run across servers

Hi, I have to run several unix commands like lsof or sed and need to execute across different servers as part of my monitoring tasks. There are around 40 Unix Servers. It is really cumbersome to run those command on several servers. can some help me in this regard. Is it possible to run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command - unzip files from a tar command

I have a tar file that contains multiple .Z files. Hence I need to issue a tar command followed by a gzip command to fully extract the files. How do I do it in a single command? What I'm doing now is tar xvf a.tar (this will output 1.Z and 2.Z) gzip -d *.Z (to extract 1.Z and 2.Z) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericlim
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to check if file name ends with .tar OR if the file is a tar file

Hello Team, Would you please help me with a UNIX command that would check if file is a tar file. if we dont have that , can you help me with UNIX command that would check if file ends with .tar Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
10 Replies
Mail::ListDetector::Detector::GoogleGroups(3pm) 	User Contributed Perl Documentation	   Mail::ListDetector::Detector::GoogleGroups(3pm)

NAME
Mail::ListDetector::Detector::GoogleGroups - Google Groups message detector SYNOPSIS
use Mail::ListDetector::Detector::GoogleGroups; DESCRIPTION
An implementation of a mailing list detector, for Google Groups mailing lists, See http://groups-beta.google.com for information about Google Groups Google Groups mailing list messages are RFC2919 compliant but this module provides more information. METHODS
new() Inherited from Mail::ListDetector::Detector::Base. match() Accepts a Mail::Internet object and returns either a Mail::ListDetector::List object if it is a post to a Google Groups mailing list, or "undef". Mail::ListDetector::Detector::RFC2919 is used to extract the information about the list, we just munge it so we know it is a Google Groups list. BUGS
No known bugs. AUTHOR
Matthew Walker - matthew@walker.wattle.id.au, Michael Stevens - michael@etla.org, Peter Oliver - p.d.oliver@mavit.freeserve.co.uk. Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa@bulknews.net> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-06-30 Mail::ListDetector::Detector::GoogleGroups(3pm)