Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find creation date of file Post 302355858 by hgpras on Thursday 24th of September 2009 01:46:23 AM
Old 09-24-2009
if u just wanna know creation date den i think its enough
ls -l <filename> it shows everyting....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation date & time

Hi All, I have some files which are creates every day using a script. I want to create a log files which does write "filename,creation day and time" how can I do this ?? Alice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to find out user creation date

Is there a Command to find out user creation date ? or any other possible ways to find the same. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get File creation date.

Hi All, I need to get file creation date. I have to access one file who's name is like... abc.log092308 and the date changes as per current date. And i am accessing this file next day. meance in above case i will access above file on 09-24-2008 Also one problem is that this file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevan Salunke
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding creation date of a file

Hi, Can anyone tell me a process to find the creation date of a file in a directory. If suppose I have a file in a directory created in 2009 -rw-r--r-- 1 xyz guest 2480 Jul 16 2009 sample.txt The command should return the the file creation date as 16/07/2009 thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathich
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to get the file creation date with find command

Is it possible to find all files based on the date of creation? And if so, how? I've been looking at the find command but it seems that only modification times are used as an option. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add file creation date as new column

Hi , I have a requirement to append file creation date to each row in a file for all the files in a directory. Please help Thanks, Pavan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan Ram B S
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change File Creation Date On Solaris

Dear Masters, I am using solaris 10. There is a requirement if a file created on Feb 1 or Feb 2, the creation date will be changed to Jan 31. Is there any command on Solaris to do that? Thanks, Kris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris.adrianto
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date

Hi I am unable to find files, those are present anywhere in the same directory tree, based on the creation date. I need to find the files with their path, as I need to create them in another location and move them. I need some help with a script that may do the job. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam192837465
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to print file name and its creation date

Hello , I am looking for a script to print file name and its last updated time. FILE CREATION-TIME FILE-NAME 24/10/2017 12:34 TDR-IU-8-2017.10.24.07:40:00-2017.10.24.07:45:00 when we run l command it print the directory and the files with details like permission,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
1 Replies
DATE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DATE(1)

NAME
date - print or set the date and time SYNOPSIS
date [-qsu] [[MMDDYY]hhmm[ss]] [+format] OPTIONS
-q Read the date from stdin -s Set the time (implicit for -q or a date string) -u Print the date as GMT -t Use this number of seconds instead of current time EXAMPLES
date # Print the date and time date 0221921610 # Set date to Feb 21, 1992 at 4:10 p.m. DESCRIPTION
With the -q flag or a numeric argument, date sets the GMT time and date. MMDDYY refers to the month, day, and year; hhmmss refers to the hour, minute and second. Each of the six fields must be exactly two digits, no more and no less. date always display the date and time, with the default format for the system. The -u flag request GMT time instead of local time. A format may be specified with a + followed by a printf-like string with the following options: %% % character %A Name of the day %B Name of the month %D mm/dd/yy %H Decimal hour on 2 digits %I Decimal hour modulo 12 on 2 digits %M Decimal minute on 2 digits %S Decimal seconds on 2 digits %T HH:MM:SS %U Decimal week number, Sunday being first day of week %W Decimal week number, Monday being first day of week %X Same as %T %Y Decimal year on 4 digits %Z Time Zone (if any) %a Abbreviated name of the day %b Abbreviated name of the month %c Appropriate date & time (default format) %d Decimal day of the month on 2 digits %e Same as %d, but a space replaces leading 0 %h Same as %b %j Decimal dey of the year on 3 digits %m Decimal month on 2 digits %n Newline character %p AM or PM %r 12-hour clock time with AM/PM %s Number of seconds since the epoch %t Tab character %w Decimal day of the week (0=Sunday) %x Same as %D %y Decimal year on 2 digits SEE ALSO
time(2), ctime(3), readclock(8). DATE(1)