Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find creation date of file Post 302355848 by ripat on Thursday 24th of September 2009 01:28:09 AM
Old 09-24-2009
There is no creation date available as far as I know unless you log the file creation date in a script. But you can use the stat to get the time stamp for last access, last change and last modification time. For example:

Code:
$ stat --printf "Last access: %x\nLast modification: %y\nLast change %z\n" your.file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation date & time

Hi All, I have some files which are creates every day using a script. I want to create a log files which does write "filename,creation day and time" how can I do this ?? Alice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to find out user creation date

Is there a Command to find out user creation date ? or any other possible ways to find the same. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get File creation date.

Hi All, I need to get file creation date. I have to access one file who's name is like... abc.log092308 and the date changes as per current date. And i am accessing this file next day. meance in above case i will access above file on 09-24-2008 Also one problem is that this file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevan Salunke
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding creation date of a file

Hi, Can anyone tell me a process to find the creation date of a file in a directory. If suppose I have a file in a directory created in 2009 -rw-r--r-- 1 xyz guest 2480 Jul 16 2009 sample.txt The command should return the the file creation date as 16/07/2009 thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathich
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to get the file creation date with find command

Is it possible to find all files based on the date of creation? And if so, how? I've been looking at the find command but it seems that only modification times are used as an option. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add file creation date as new column

Hi , I have a requirement to append file creation date to each row in a file for all the files in a directory. Please help Thanks, Pavan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan Ram B S
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change File Creation Date On Solaris

Dear Masters, I am using solaris 10. There is a requirement if a file created on Feb 1 or Feb 2, the creation date will be changed to Jan 31. Is there any command on Solaris to do that? Thanks, Kris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris.adrianto
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date

Hi I am unable to find files, those are present anywhere in the same directory tree, based on the creation date. I need to find the files with their path, as I need to create them in another location and move them. I need some help with a script that may do the job. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam192837465
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to print file name and its creation date

Hello , I am looking for a script to print file name and its last updated time. FILE CREATION-TIME FILE-NAME 24/10/2017 12:34 TDR-IU-8-2017.10.24.07:40:00-2017.10.24.07:45:00 when we run l command it print the directory and the files with details like permission,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
1 Replies
DATETIME.SETTIME(3)							 1						       DATETIME.SETTIME(3)

DateTime::setTime - Sets the time

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setTime (int $hour, int $minute, [int $second]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_time_set (DateTime $object, int $hour, int $minute, [int $second]) Resets the current time of the DateTime object to a different time. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $hour - Hour of the time. o $minute - Minute of the time. o $second - Second of the time. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setTime(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2001-01-01'); $date->setTime(14, 55); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2001-01-01'); date_time_set($date, 14, 55); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; date_time_set($date, 14, 55, 24); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above examples will output something similar to: 2001-01-01 14:55:00 2001-01-01 14:55:24 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime('2001-01-01'); $date->setTime(14, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 55, 65); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 65, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(25, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-01-01 14:55:24 2001-01-01 14:56:05 2001-01-01 15:05:24 2001-01-02 01:55:24 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setDate(3), DateTime.setISODate(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETTIME(3)