Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Patching error
Operating Systems Solaris Patching error Post 302355820 by incredible on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 11:17:03 PM
Old 09-24-2009
After first round of patching, you will need to do a reconfiguration boot
#reboot -- -r
Re-do install_cluster

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Patching Solaris

Hi quick and question for the unix expert here i downloaded the lastest patch from sun. i'm ready to patch my production server. should i just patch it as is or go in to init 1 or init S to do the patching. someone told me that you can just patch the server in init 3 and some other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xNYx
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Patching error on Solaris 2.6 - I know the 'fix' - do you?

Patching a Solaris 2.6 server (running application that wasn't approved for anything higher) in single user mode - loading about 120 patches. Following error started occurring after patch 105356-23 /kernel//kernel/strmod/ptem: undefined symbol miocpullup ptem error doing common Actual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Can not boot after patching.

Last night I installed some patches by using update manager on my solaris 10 on AMD 64. Now I cannot boot. It is keep failing. I am able to go to failsafe and I am able ot update the boot archieve file but I am not sure what to do after this. I think it is not boot problem, I think my kernel is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saif
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Patching

Hi all, I'm new to Solaris. How can i make sure that all my servers are patched to the same level. When i do a uname -a, i see different level. How can i make sure that they are having the same patches. Any expert to guide me through pls? eg. ServerA#uname -a SunOS ServerA 5.10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahlude
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Patching

Hi all Ive got 12 odd sun servers, running solars 8, 9 and soon 10. Have to admit I havent patched for years. Infact the last time I did patch a load of servers, sun provided you will a small script which would review the current patch levels, create a xml file that you would use on sunsolve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Regarding Solaris patching..

Hi Gurus, I am new to solaris patching.. while doing the patching do we need to have the root previligies and also need help while doing patching work if the server has veritas on it........ Thanks in advance.......... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: samanth009
10 Replies

7. Solaris

Patching utility?

I know the smpatch utility has the set-uid 0 bit on it, so I'm wondering what privileges does it take to use this tool? I don't have to be root do I? How can I let a normal account do maintenance? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solarisx86
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Patching.

Hi All, I have a question ? Which all patches need to be applied in single user mode and which all not .Is there any rule all patches need to be applied in /var/tmp.Thanks in advance for answers.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Mail loops back to me error in /var/adm/message after patching

Hi, I am getting the below messsage in /var/adm/message after patching but sendmail is working after restoring the backup file. sendmail: q4G7U1Cj014774: SYSERR(root): 127.0.0.1 config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) sendmail: q4G801cw025824: SYSERR(root): 127.0.0.1 config... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fayaz
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Live Upgrade Patching Error: Unable to write vtoc

Attempting to patch several servers using live upgrade Release: Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86 Error I'm receiving is in the message in the log below tail -15 /var/svc/log/rc6.log Legacy init script "/etc/rc0.d/K50pppd" exited with return code 0. Executing legacy init... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siralos
5 Replies
reboot(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); DESCRIPTION
The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. SEE ALSO
Intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) SunOS 5.11 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)