Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: handle file by month
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting handle file by month Post 302355756 by leim on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 03:42:25 PM
Old 09-23-2009
handle file by month

Hi,

I want to write a shell script which handle an oracle alert log so that when it changes month, the script generates a new file with month in the filename.

Thanks in advance.

Leim

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS file handle

How can I kill mount connection(NFS , made by automount) if remote filesystem is down? I tried: fuser -ku /auto /auto: umount /auto nfs umount: ERROR: /auto is busy If I try cd /auto - I get - /auto: Stale remote file handle. I know that reboot will help but I cannot reboot this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazimir
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stale NFS file handle

Hi, I get an error saying "Stale NFS file handle" how can I solve this? Is it possible to do this with a umount/ mount command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
5 Replies

3. Programming

deleting a file name by its handle

All, I am having three function 1.open 2.process 3.close. Open will open a file and process will process a file and close will close the file .. I can able to close the file by its filehandler.Is there is anyway that i can get the file name by filehandle and remove it after... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

4. AIX

how to handle potential file contention

I need to change how a posting procedure currently works in order to improve load balancing but I am hitting a potential file contention problem that I was wondering if someone here could assist me with... In a directory called FilePool I would have a bunch of files that are constantly coming in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: philplasma
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to decode nfs file handle in HP-UX?

Hi Experts, Any idea how to decode file handle in HP-UX? I am getting the following error continously in my HP-UX 11.31 box :mad: Apr 26 07:15:00 host62 su: + tty?? root-bb Apr 26 07:15:00 host62 su: + tty?? root-abcadm Apr 26 07:15:01 host62 vmunix: NFS write error on host peq9vs:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinable
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t

This question might be silly but its confusing me a bit: What is the difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t? ---------- Post updated at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:48 PM ---------- Sorry I saw details and HANDLE is in windows and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add decimal month to some month in sql, php, perl, bash, sh?

Hello, i`m looking for some way to add to some date an partial number of months, for example to 2015y 02m 27d + 2,54m i need to write this script in php or bash or sh or mysql or perl in normal time o unix time i`m asking or there are any simple way to add partial number of month to some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacarrdy
14 Replies
cal(1)								   User Commands							    cal(1)

NAME
cal - display a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [ [month] year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility writes a Gregorian calendar to standard output. If the year operand is specified, a calendar for that year is written. If no operands are specified, a calendar for the current month is written. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: month Specify the month to be displayed, represented as a decimal integer from 1 (January) to 12 (December). The default is the current month. year Specify the year for which the calendar is displayed, represented as a decimal integer from 1 to 9999. The default is the current year. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of cal: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_TIME, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. TZ Determine the timezone used to calculate the value of the current month. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
calendar(1), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) NOTES
An unusual calendar is printed for September 1752. That is the month 11 days were skipped to make up for lack of leap year adjustments. To see this calendar, type: cal 9 1752 The command cal 83 refers to the year 83, not 1983. The year is always considered to start in January. SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 cal(1)