Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pls Help me.. soon. Very urgent Post 302355746 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 03:15:04 PM
Old 09-23-2009
Hello,

Per our forum rules, all threads must have a descriptive subject text. For example, do not post questions with subjects like "Help Me!", "Urgent!!" or "Doubt". Post subjects like "Execution Problems with Cron" or "Help with Backup Shell Script".

The reason for this is that nearly 95% of all visitors to this site come here because they are referred by a search engine. In order for future searches on your post (with answers) to work well, the subject field must be something useful and related to the problem!

In addition, current forum users who are kind enough to answer questions should be able to understand the essence of your query at first glance.

So, as a benefit and courtesy to current and future knowledge seekers, please be careful with your subject text. You might receive a forum infraction if you don't pay attention to this.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab - URGENT pls

I put 30 2 * * * /usr/bin/tar cvf /dev/rct0 /u/csa/* in my crontab file (SCO5) but I want to be absolutely sure that the backup job finishes successfully. I know that whenever cron cannot execute a command sends an e-mail to root with the error code and/or an explanation of the problem. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CAn any1 help me pls...urgent need to pass up this monday

CAn any1 help me pls...urgent need to pass up this monday my assigment..... im new bird at unix so pls help me.... can any1 help me answer this question? 1a.What are the different type of shell available in UNIX. b.How to know which shell you are currently used? c.How to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeah016
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help.. Really Urgent

Hi, I am creating a pipe in a directory $HOME/pipes. The pipename should be L${PROGNAME}. Whenever i embed these lines in shell script, i get an error mkfifo: No such file or directory. I am creating a pipe with the key word mkfifo $HOME/pipes/L${PROGNAME}. Please help me how to get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavan.aero
5 Replies

4. Solaris

lex on solaris??? (urgent, pls!!!)

Hi everyone, I would like to know how to compile and run lex programs on solaris 10. the conventional way is $ lex <name.l> $ cc lex.yy.c -ll $ ./a.out but while trying to execute the 2nd command :i get a reference saying that the command is old or that main is not supported... Hence... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

If not working...pls help:URGENT

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT :pls help

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help me very urgent

will post again (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revertback
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Me Pls Its Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, These are the text file I have //input1.txt// cd dir1/dir2/pg1.txt cd dir3/dir4/pg2.txt cd dir88/dir5/pg4.txt cd dir7/dir6/pg5.txt cd dir8/dir9/pg7.txt And each text file has some text. Now I have to write a shell script which reads input1.txt and changes the directory as shown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhavanabahety
1 Replies
GNOME-SESSION-SAVE(1)					      General Commands Manual					     GNOME-SESSION-SAVE(1)

NAME
gnome-session-save - Saves or ends the current GNOME session SYNOPSIS
gnome-session-save [--logout] [--force-logout] [--logout-dialog] [--shutdown-dialog] [--gui] [--kill [--silent]] DESCRIPTION
gnome-session-save can be used from a GNOME session to save a snapshot of the currently running applications. This session will be later restored at your next GNOME session. The --gui option will report errors in dialog boxes instead of printing to stderr. If called with the --logout option, the current GNOME session will be ended, unless logging out has been inhibited by an application. The --force-logout option can be used to end the session regardless of the inhibition state. When the --logout-dialog option is given, the standard dialog displaying logout options is displayed. When --shutdown-dialog option is given, the standard dialog displaying shutdown options is displayed. The --kill and --silent options are deprecated. The --kill option is equivalent to the --logout-dialog option. If --silent is used with --kill, then it will behave as if --logout was used. The session is not saved when gnome-session-save is called with any of the options ending the session. SEE ALSO
gnome-session(1) BUGS
If you find bugs in the gnome-session-save program, please report these on http://bugzilla.gnome.org. GNOME GNOME-SESSION-SAVE(1)