Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting combining perl regex'es into a single command Post 302355574 by hcclnoodles on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 05:33:36 AM
Old 09-23-2009
combining perl regex'es into a single command

Hi Gurus, I have a working solution for munging my data but just wondered if there was a way I could streamline it into a single command at all ?

Code:
my $filesystem = "backup/server56/oracle/"

$filesystem =~ s/\/+$// ;              # remove the trailing slash(es) from the path specified
$filesystem =~ s/^backup\/// ;             # remove the "backup/"  from the path specified
chomp ($filesystem);                   # remove new line (if any)

this would leave $filesystem looking like this
Code:
server56/oracle

Is there any way of getting those three lines into one ?

any help on this would be great

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine two perl lines into a single perl command

Hi Everyone, i have a string 00:44:40 so: $tmp=~ s/://gi; $tmp=~s/({2})({2})({2})/$1*3600+$2*60+$3/e; the output is 2680. Any way to combine this two lines into a single line? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple rows in single row based on certain condition using awk or sed

Hi, I'm using AIX(ksh shell). > cat temp.txt "a","b",0 "c",bc",0 "a1","b1",0 "cc","cb",1 "cc","b2",1 "bb","bc",2 I want the output as: "a","b","c","bc","a1","b1" "cc","cb","cc","b2" "bb","bc" I want to combine multiple lines into single line where third column is same. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelray
1 Replies

4. Programming

PERL:Combining multiple lines to single line

Hi All I need a small help for the below format in making a small script in Perl or Shell. I have a file in which a single line entries are broken into three line entries. Eg: I have a pen and notebook. All i want is to capture in a single line in a separate file. eg: I have a pen and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaiela
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining columns from multiple files into one single output file

Hi, I have 3 files with one column value as shown File: a.txt ------------ Data_a1 Data_a2 File2: b.txt ------------ Data_b1 Data_b2 Data_b3 Data_b4 File3: c.txt ------------ Data_c1 Data_c2 Data_c3 Data_c4 Data_c5 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vfrg
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two scripts into a single script

Hi Folks, I have two scripts that are used to start and stop services these scripts are at the location /opt/app/tre , so that start.sh internally starts the components and stop.sh internally stop all the components, now rite now if I have to stop the services then i need to go first the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line breaks to perl command with large text in single quotes?

Below code extracts multiple field values from XML into array and prints all in one line. perl -nle '@r=/(?: jndiName| authDataAlias| value| minConnections| maxConnections| connectionTimeout| name)="(+)/g and print join ",",$ENV{tIPnSCOPE},$ENV{pr ovider},$ENV{impClassName},@r' server.xml ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining lines into a single line

i have a file (where the column values are separated by ' and the text can be enclosed in ~) which contains data in form of 4461,2,~Basic: 2 Years/Unlimited Miles Drivetrain: Gas Engine 2 Years/Unlimited Miles Duramax Engine 3 Years/Unlimited... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulchandak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log4j combining lines to single line

Hi, Our log4j file contents look like this: 2018-11-20T00:06:58,888 INFO ql.Driver: Executing command(queryId=hive_20181120000656_49af4ad0-1d37-4312-872c-a247ed80c181): CREATE TABLE RESULTS.E7014485_ALL_HMS_CAP1 AS SELECT name,dept from employee Where employee='Jeff'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies
sccs-comb(1)							   User Commands						      sccs-comb(1)

NAME
sccs-comb, comb - combine SCCS deltas SYNOPSIS
comb [-os] [-csid-list] [-psid] s.filename... DESCRIPTION
comb generates a shell script (see sh(1)) that you can use to reconstruct the indicated s.files. This script is written to the standard output. If a directory name is used in place of the s.filename argument, the comb command applies to all s.files in that directory. Unreadable s.files produce an error; processing continues with the next file (if any). The use of `-' as the s.filename argument indicates that the names of files are to be read from the standard input, one s.file per line. If no options are specified, comb preserves only the most recent (leaf) delta in a branch, and the minimal number of ancestors needed to preserve the history. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -o For each `get -e' generated, access the reconstructed file at the release of the delta to be created. Otherwise, the recon- structed file is accessed at the most recent ancestor. The use of -o can decrease the size of the reconstructed s.file. It can also alter the shape of the delta tree of the original file. -s Generate scripts to gather statistics, rather than combining deltas. When run, the shell scripts report: the file name, size (in blocks) after combining, original size (also in blocks), and the percentage size change, computed by the formula: 100 * ( original - combined ) / original This option can be used to calculate the space that is saved, before actually doing the combining. -csid-list Include the indicated list of deltas. All other deltas are omitted. sid-list is a comma-separated list of SCCS delta IDs (SIDs). To specify a range of deltas, use a `-' separator instead of a comma, between two SIDs in the list. -pSID The SID of the oldest delta to be preserved. FILES
s.COMB reconstructed SCCS file comb????? temporary file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sccs(1), sccs-admin(1), sccs-cdc(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-help(1), sccs-prs(1), sccs-prt(1), sccs-rmdel(1), sccs-sccsdiff(1), what(1), sccs- file(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use the SCCS help command for explanations (see sccs-help(1)). BUGS
comb might rearrange the shape of the tree of deltas. It might not save any space; in fact, it is possible for the reconstructed file to actually be larger than the original. SunOS 5.11 30 Jun 2007 sccs-comb(1)