Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cat issue
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support cat issue Post 302355562 by otheus on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 04:56:18 AM
Old 09-23-2009
Try
Code:
cat [0-9][0-9][0-9].csv

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Unix cat command

Hi Experts, I am finding the performance of cat command is very wierd, it is taking more time to merge the files into a single file. We have a situation where we would be merging more than 100 files into a single file, but with cat command it is running slow. I tried doing with paste, join... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RcR
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `cat myname.txt` && for y in `cat yourname.txt`

cat myname.txt John Doe I John Doe II John Doe III ----------------------------------------------------------------------- for i in `cat myname.txt` do echo This is my name: $i >> thi.is.my.name.txt done ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danimad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple for loop/cat issue

ok.. so problem is: I have a file that reads: cat 123 1 and 2 3 and 4 5 and 6 I was using for loops to run through this information. Code: for i in `cat 123` do echo $i done shouldn't the output come as 1 and 2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foal_11
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in cat command

We have shell script (in ksh) which reads the records from a csv file line by line and does some operation. We have below command to read the file (CSV has the absolute path of files stored on a server something like SER/IMP/TEST/2010/12/123465.1). P_FILES=`cat $P_BATCH_FILE` for i in $P_FILES... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreevatsau
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with ^M causes display issue with cat or more

I have a script to do a couple simple but repetitive commands on files that are provided to us. One of the things is to get rid of the line feeds. This is the section that is causing problems, i even cut this section into its own file to make sure nothing else was affecting it. #!/usr/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in executing cat (remote ssh)

Hi, I need to ssh remotely to a machine and cat a file assign the value to a variable Script: #!/bin/bash -x value=`cat config.txt` echo "$value" ssh me@xxx.host.com "valu='cat /export/home/test.md5'; echo "$valu"" | tee Execution: $ ./x ++ cat config.txt + value='touch me' +... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with cat command on a for loop

Good day to all, I'd like to ask for your advice with regards to this. Scenario : I have here a file named TEST.tmp wherein the value inside is below; "ONE|TWO|FIVE|THREE|FOUR|SIX~SEVEN~EIGHT" "NINE" But when I'm trying to use this in a simple command like; for TESTING in $(cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfghjkl
4 Replies
OCR4GAMERA(1)															     OCR4GAMERA(1)

NAME
ocr4gamera - OCR system using the Gamera framework USAGE
ocr4gamera -x <traindata> [options] <imagefile> OPTIONS
-v <int>, --verbosity=<int> Set verbosity level to <int>. Possible values are 0 (default): silent operation; 1: information on progress; >2: segmentation info is written to PNG files with prefix debug_. -h, --help Display help and exit. -d, --deskew Do a skew correction (recommended). -f, --filter Filter out very large (images) and very small components (noise). -a, --automatic-group Autogroup glyphs with classifier. -x <file>, --xmlfile=<file> Read training data from <file>. -o <xml>, --output=<xml> Write recognized text to file <xml> (otherwise it is written to stdout). -c <csv>, --extra_chars_csvfile=<csv> Read additional class name conversions from file <csv>. <csv> must contain one conversion per line. -R <rules>, --heuristic_rules=<rules> Apply heuristic rules <rules> for disambiguation of some chars. <rules> can be roman (default) or none (for no rules). -D, --dictionary-correction Correct words using a dictionary (requires aspell or ispell). -L <lang>, --dictionary-language=<lang> Use <lang> as language for aspell (when option -D is set). -e <int>, --edit-distance=<int> Correct words only when edit distance not more than <int>. OCR4GAMERA(1)